Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
Mike2338

About to place order

We will be ordering next week and have decided to delete the couch and recliners.

On the 2011's with the dining 'hutch', what is the dimension for the side wall on the slide to the dining chair? Leaving enough room to use the dining chair comfortably.

Also, how many dining room chairs come with the unit?

Thanks!

Mike

Mike2338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
hitchup

Mike the wall dimensions depend on if you're looking at a 38' or 36' unit. Our 38' has just slightly over 7' of open wall space for couch/loveseat.

We have a LZB loveseat with a small Amish made table on my side and larger side table on DH's side. Still have plenty of room for the dinette chairs. The buffett & table unit is about 73" wide. Table is centered and is 29" wide.

Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
Mike2338

you are right I forgot to mention it is a 38 footer.

So 7 feet from the back of the dining chair and the side wall?

Thanks

m
Old 11-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
terry and jo

Mike,

I concur with Vickie and David. Our 2010 38TKSB3 leaves 7 feet with a dining chair pulled out where "I" can comfortably sit at the table. And "I" have a fairly sizeable girth weighing in at 218 lbs, give or take a few lbs.

The dinette comes with 4 chairs.

I don't know if you looked at the pictures that I put out on Photobucket of our new furniture or not, but I'll provide a link to that again here. Our La-Z-Boy Reclina-Way love seat is called the Maverick model and at the widest part of the arms it is 63 inches wide. If I remember right, the Pinnacle model of La-Z-Boy love seat is 56 inches wide.

http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/...%20New%20Home/

Ir you look at what I think is picture number 3 of 74 in my pictures, it has Jo and our dog, TJ, on the couch with an end table and speaker at the end closest to the dinette. That one will give a little perspective of how much room is left for the dinette chair.

I think you are wise to delete the couch and chairs. We didn't elect to get the leather recliners and the ones we got weren't really comfortable at all.

Good luck with your new coach (when you get it).

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
hitchup

It's alway good to measure. We've been through many different furniture configurations over the last 6 years. Finally settled on current one over the summer.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
john

chairs

Mike,
Purchased our unit with 2 regular chairs and 2 folding chairs. With only 2 of us most of the time it works great and gives us a lot more room. Folding chairs look like regular chairs when open.
Also got the 4 step instead of the 3......
Old 11-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #7
Gemstone

You might also consider deleting the coffee maker, the entertainment system, the cheap bedding, and if they are still using cheap faucets, have those deleted too...you can provide better quality and at a better price.

Regards
Gemstone
Old 11-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #8
Mike2338

Well, spent afternoon at a couple of furinture stores.
First preference was a loveseat recliner with a matching couch but the mechanism was just a little too clunky for our preferences.

Ended up with a pair of recliners that are a little wider than I wanted to go with at 39" wide. Our first choice of sofa I thought maybe a little too deep. it is 44" in total depth.

What is the available space for the couch?

End results is we have picked fabric for the valance and another for the dining chairs. Then selected the fabrics for the recliners and sofa.

Our final selection is for a mattress. I am assuming the king size in the MS is the same as a residential at 76x80. True? Also, do we use a box spring for the mattress?

Thanks for all the help with measurements. We are not close to a dealer so it is difficult knowing what will work.

m
Old 11-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #9
wannabe

The 2011 Mobile and Elite Suites come standard with the new dinette table/hutch and 2 dining chairs. You may still order the 2010 dinette table and 4 chairs for a small charge.
Good luck!
wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #10
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2338
Our final selection is for a mattress. I am assuming the king size in the MS is the same as a residential at 76x80. True? Also, do we use a box spring for the mattress?

m
Better double check w/factory re: mattress size. Most RV Kings are 72 x 80 ("East Coast King"), or 72 x 84. When we ordered our mattress from bedinabox.com, we bought a Cal King & had it trimmed down to our 72 x 80 size. You do not have room for a box spring.....most of the RV beds slide under the counter. You'll be lucky to have 9-10" thick mattress. Might want to go inspect a unit before you make your decision.
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:26 PM   #11
terry and jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2338
Ended up with a pair of recliners that are a little wider than I wanted to go with at 39" wide. Our first choice of sofa I thought maybe a little too deep. it is 44" in total depth.

What is the available space for the couch?

m
Mike,

It would be a good thing to wait on the replacement furniture until you can measure both the area in the slide and the back area for the couch, providing you are ordering something with a rear living area. Our 38TKSB3 is fine with either two recliners in the slide or the couch in the slide. However, we have less than 36 inches between the back edge of our slides and the rear of the coach. Your 44 inch deep couch (presuming that you mean for "deep" to be from front of couch to back of couch) would not allow the slides to even be retracted into the coach, if the couch was placed in the rear.

That is why our La-Z-Boy loveseat is located in the door side slide. We have the option of moving our Lane euro-chair around to allow for the 36 inch rear clearance that we have.

As for the bed, I have just a FYI for you. With the king size bed, you will only have one side table by the bed. If you go with a queen sized bed, DRV will put in two side tables (actually not tables but small cabinets with storage underneath), making it also a little easier for making the bed. In our case, we went with a queen-sized Select Comfort (sleep number) bed. We have a select comfort in our home and wouldn't be without one. Jo even thinks the RV Select Comfort is better than our home one.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:03 AM   #12
hitchup

RV King in Suites are 72X80. Not a problem with sheets, but not many options for replacement mattresses. So we ordered our MS with a Qn. We like having night stands on both sides.

We found a Denver Mattress as a replacement. They have foam or standard mattresses with coils built into top mattress. We didn't quite measure the height correctly, but found that the mattress slides under the dresser okay.

If you're getting the 4th slide in the bedroom, this is a non-issue. Wish they had that option when we ordered ours in 2008.

The couch in the rear needs to be no deeper than 36" because the slides won't be able to clear it. We had a LZB Loveseat sleeper and had to switch from rear of coach to the dinette slideout each time we moved the MS. Not Fun, even with sliders under the corners.....
Old 11-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #13
Motor31

Way back in 05, we ordered 2 folding chairs and 2 regular dining chairs. Would do so again today. It saves a TON of floor space as well as providing storage space when hitting the road.

In regards to the mattress. The best option is to go to a regular big mattress store. Those places that specialize in beds and mattresses. We found that was the best option to get a king size (72x80) that was only 8" or 9" tall so it would go under the dresser drawers on the door side. It took only a little bit of looking and we got a really nice pillow top inner spring mattress for a great price. It's been over 5 years now and it's still like new.

The OEM mattress that came with the RV felt nice the first night but started to really give me back problems in very short order. We bought fitted sheets from wallyworld too.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #14
rdunk

When we bought in 2005, we did delete the two recliners also. A that time, the factory recliners were over-stuffed, had shorter than desired backs, and had somewhat narrow width seats. After some looking, we found La-Z-Boy recliners that met all of our needs - "Harbor Town". We bought two of them. The back is taller, and the seat is pretty wide, because of the narrower arms. In the RE3, the recliners go in the rear half of the dining slide. With these recliners, we had room for a factory furnished lamp table, between the recliners, and still had more room between the forward recliner and dining table.

We chose a leather covering, and we were certainly not disappointed when the chairs arrived. In our opinion, these recliners added to a more open look in the living area, which is a really good thing, when one is living in the RV fulltime.

FYI, here is the link to this recliner model - - - - If anyone is interested, this link has a "customize button" that can be selected for choosing the different colors for viewing on the chair.

http://www.la-z-boy.com/Product/12-3...mall-Recliner/

Robert
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:36 AM   #15
golf_bears

Mike2338,

You may not be aware that the internal tank gauges do not work well. I had the SeeLevel gauges installed by the factory when we ordered our RV. The SeeLevel gauges utilize external tank sensors as a result do not get gunked up. The internal tank sensors do get gunked up and give you false tank level readings.

If you are interested Google SeeLevel and/or call DRV. It's well worth the price to know for sure what your tank levels are.
golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:23 AM   #16
john

gauges

I installed the SeeLevel gauges this past summer. They work great. Wish I had them installed by DRV when I purchased, might have saved a few bucks. Hope they are at the 2011 rally.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:17 PM   #17
Beachgirl

SeeLevel

We are ordering new and the SeeLevels are on sale! Which one do you recommend? I would like the LP indicator as well.
We are thinking the 712-P would be the one to get?
Beachgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:26 PM   #18
Mike2338

Thanks All for your replies.

We are changing to a smaller couch which will keep us in line with the measurements. The recliners are at the max for both width and depth.

The only modifications we are doing is having the SeeLevel gauges installed, sending DRV fabric to be used on the valances and a different fabric for the chairs. We are ordering custom fabric for the recliners and couch.

I want to up the size and quality of the TV's but am getting mixed messages from DRV and the dealer. The dealer is telling me the bracket used on the lift in the livingroom only fits a Sony brand. DRV is telling me any TV up to 45" across can be accomodated. I will be working that out this week.

Also having heated pads for the tanks and drain elbows but not the second furnace. I always get nervous when camping in the cooler temps.

Would like to upgrade the mattress but now have to find a 72x80. We may just end up ordering the DRV mattress and put a memory foam topper on it.

I guess after having it for awhile we will find other things we would have changed too.

Thanks again!

m
Old 11-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #19
jcasey

Sometimes people state--in their posts--mattress sizes and names that are not the same as commonly used outside of the RV world. While that might not be a problem for many, here is a web site listing mattress sizes and names that are usually used in the industry.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CEAQ9QEwAw

The so-called "king size" mattress in a Mobile Suites is likely a "short California King (72 x 80)', which is a different size than a true "King (76 x 80) or standard California King (72 x 84)." The link above
gives what seems to be the accepted mattress terminology and sizes.

Incidentally, one can use a true "King" mattress in a Mobile Suites if one wants a bit more width. In our case, we had the factory make the bed platform a bit wider to support a true King---even though the standard
bed platform will support the King even if the King is a bit wider than the platform for the short-California King--as usually found in a Mobile Suites.

There also might be another short-king and a short-queen for RV application. I think there also is a "giant King mattress" for home use. But, I am unfamiliar with those mattress sizes.

I hope I conveyed the correct info on the Mobile Suites mattress sizes. If not, let me know.
2011 Ford 6.7 Powerstroke F350 Super Cab, AT, DRW, Lariat. with Ride-Rite Firestone Air Bags. Used to tow 2011 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 #5568, which is equipped with Center Point Suspension, Trailair Hitch, Level-Up, dual pane windows, Satellite Finder, 17.5 Tires, Dual Air, Valley/Husky 24,000 5th wheel hitch.
jcasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #20
5thwheeler

SeeLevel

It's my understanding that Garnet Technologies (SeeLevel Guages) will be at the Suites Rally in 2011 (River Plantation RV Park, Sevierville, TN)

5thwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote