Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #1
berghild

Send a message via AIM to berghild
air circulation in bedroom

we are really disappointed in the air circulation. There is no breeze here and we would love tol have more cross ventilation. Has anyone else ealt with this. when dry camping I would love it if there was some kind of oblong window over the bed....any ideas? I guess we would have to contact DT to see about structural issues. It could be kind of long and narrow....just cross ventilation.

EDGE CHIP,exhaust brake,ATS tranny, ATS turbo, AFE sir filter
ETC
2008 36TK3 ES3917/no granite
berghild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
Motor31

I'm not sure of your unit, do you have the small windows by the head of the bed on the sides of the slide and another larger escape window on the other side of the trailer? If so using the small windows and cracking open the escape window should do it for you. The escape window does open for ventilation.

Other than that we have a fantastic fan in the roof in the bedroom. We have used it on both intake and outflow with other windows open. Using the fan or even just opening the lid on it and a bedroom window should get you some air depending on wind direction.

2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
berghild

bedroom circulation

i have the windows that you describe and the fan...but the side window are right in my face at night. it would be a nice option to have the other window...especially in the middle of the day or on a hot night. I really feel closed in....havn't used the fan tastic fan from blowing air in..it seems that it is constantly dirty from sucking out the air in the daytime. I guess I wil just live with it. I have a cliop on fan that I clip to a cupboard at night and clip on the top of the shower when we have electric ( for clothes drying.
ETC
Old 08-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
The Spices

We have the fantastic fan in the BR ceiling (installed by the dealer after our new unit arrived and it came without the vent that we were told we would get). The Fan. fan works great (blowing out) when opening both small windows on the sides of the bed. Sometimes we will use a desktop oscilating fan on the contertop in front of the large (escape) window. Our only complaint is not being able to use the small side widows when it is raining. Wish they could do something about that.

Former - 2010 MS 36RS3 w/ MorRyde IS and pinbox, Mag susp., Level Up plus a number of custom mods. 600 watt AM Solar
2012 F450 King Ranch with Classy Chassis hauler bed conversion, Trailsaver
The Spices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:36 PM   #5
bstark

We were glad to get away from the window over the head of the bed in our previous fiver because of just exactly the opposite of your problem. We cursed that window for it's cold/dampness right at our heads during cold evenings. During very cold nights we were even reduced to putting siver foil bubble insulation behind the day/night shade and a blanket hung over top of that to try and keep from getting headaches from cold temps right at our heads. Glass, even dual thermopane, is a very poor insulator compared to 3&1/4" thick wall at your head.

I guess there is no such thing as the universally perfect RV! :lol:
Old 08-06-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
berghild

window

yes i had that same problem in my previous rig. Foil and blankets and foam I was kinda hopoing to just put in a narrow window maybe 9 or ten inches and not as wide as the whole bed. oh well it's not all that serious I can live with it...it's just the humid places that it bother's me...Howard would sleep ina furnace so it doesn't bother him......now if it was cold he would complain.
ETC
Old 08-10-2008, 02:10 AM   #7
BigBoy2U

I won't ever have a window above my head to sleep. In my last 5er an Avion the window was almost level with the bed. I had to sleep with the window against my pillow. In the winter it was unbearable to keep the cold air from flowing down the window and onto my head. I now feel no cold air or anything from the side windows in my DT but then again they thermo-pains.
2005 DT, MS 36CK3 #1566, 95 F-350, Full Timer
BigBoy2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #8
berghild

windows

i guess i woujldn't want to go back to the big window either. A port hole would be nice though...just a little something to cross ventilate in the daytime....I agree I didn't like having one above my head with the cold air right there.
ETC
Old 10-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #9
JBoldennew

I have the standard bath vent (split bath in the RE3) and an extra fantastic fan in the bedroom area. I just open the windows, close the bedroom door, and turn on both fans to exhaust on high speed. It's like a hurricane in the bedroom with all the airflow. Most comfortable! Haven't needed the air conditioner even once this summer in Ohio.

2003 Dodge 3500 HD 4:10
Waiting to retire again!
JBoldennew is offline   Reply With Quote