Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2007, 09:04 AM   #1
layne

ES clock

Does anyone with an Elite Suites have a clock that works? It hasn't worked from the get-go and it has had five new batteries which will work for a day or two, then that's it. The dealership "fixed" it, the factory replaced parts and it still doesn't work. When you take the cover off from the back (in the toilet room cabinet), you can see that the motor part is really a very poor design. The battery doesn't really stay clicked in on the + side. We are about to buy another little motor thing and try that. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't see how this clock can stay running with the battery fitting like that. The clock is one of the things I really loved about this trailer before we bought it and I would like to keep it, but so far, it's useless for keeping time. Any suggestions? Thanks, Layne

layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:05 AM   #2
RRman

If you don't mind DIY efforts, craft stores like Michaels or AC Moore, or certainly an online search can provide a replacement clock mechanism, usually very inexpensively. You should be able to reuse the hands.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:21 AM   #3
jdwilson3

Clock

Ours has been running on the same battery since June 13, 2006. However, I too suggest Michaels or Moore, or any craft store, to buy a replacement clock motor...really less than $10.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:24 PM   #4
Okie

The DYI sounds like an answer. Another is set it for 5 O'clock and leave it. That way it's always Martini Time.

Okie
Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
BobW

Remember, a clock that's running is never right, but, a clock that's broken is right twice a day.
2007 M2 Freightliner
2005 Wrangler
In a land of the blind, the one eyed guy is king.
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #6
igotjam

Ours stopped the first week. Haven't looked at that yet as other issues (rubbing slides, roof leaks etc) are higher priority. I have done the Micheal's thing on clocks in the house with good success though.
igotjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #7
layne

Lots of suggestions there--think I'll just set it on 5:00 and stay in margaritaville! Thanks you guys!
layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:56 PM   #8
BobW

Check out <http://www.klockit.com/>
2007 M2 Freightliner
2005 Wrangler
In a land of the blind, the one eyed guy is king.
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:26 PM   #9
jerrysuebla

Hello, I haven't posted in a very long time but I may be able to help with this problem. I have no idea what the clock in the ES looks like but we had the same thing way back when our MS was new. We got a new clock from the dealer and the same thing happened. Bought one at Walmart and same thing happened. Hands would get to a certain spot and just stop.

I have no clue what made me suggest this but I had Raymond take the clock down, cut a piece of cardboard the same size as the clock and then hang the clock back with the cardboard between the clock and the wall. Been working ever since. Not sure if it will work for you but it is a cheap fix if it does. Give it a try.

Jerry

2008 Elite Suite 36RSSB3 #4465
jerrysuebla is offline   Reply With Quote