Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #35
mavis1957

Porkchop - you questioned a percentage number and I assume you mean Hehr window owners overall However, I want to give you our percentage. We custom ordered our 2008 Carriage Carrilite and have 20 windows (4) are the overhead Arizona Room windows. We were the first year to receive the brand new (then) Hehr frameless dual pane windows. Our percentage fact is that at not quite 3 years later, 6 of our living area windows are VERY fogged up, ugly spotted with 2 that are in the beginning stages. Have you looked at Hehr's warranty for RV windows . . . 12 months from THEM to the INSTALLER which in this case would be Carriage, Inc. That is absolutely ridiculous! If they question the install by such a well known manufacturer, then perhaps they should have someone from their company onsite to do the installs on our rigs. Our problem began right after our two year warranty with Carriage. HAD it began before that warranty end, why should Carriage get stuck with the costs of replacement? Note, we have traveled less than 5,000 miles in 3 years. Shouldn't these windows stand up to normal use? Greg has built custom homes for many years with dual pane windows in Montana and they never had any such fogging problems. These are downright ugly and you know that we would not be able to sell our rig in this condition. A class action lawsuit is exactly what may be necessary. Look at the case of Carrier . . . they quit producing for the RV industry. Additionally, I do feel that Carriage and other manufacturers need to choose the components that go into these rigs a lot more carefully. For what it would cost us to replace all these windows without recourse, would have to seriously consider any legal remedies. The RV industry needs to know that a majority of the buyers are NOT the very wealthy buying a seldom used vacation rig. No . . . there are many of us that sold our homes and purchased our RV to live in full time through our retirement. We expect to have things that need to be fixed or replaced, but all the windows so soon after purchase? Thanks for listening guys, I tend to rattle on.
mavis1957 is offline   Reply With Quote