Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2017, 02:02 PM   #1
Mike2338

Redo Honey Cherry

The table in my 2011 was showing wear so I am having it stripped and refinished. The results are not to my satisfaction but I don't think it is the fault of the refinisher.

I called DRV before we started but the Honey Cherry is out of production so I was not able to get any stain from them. They recommended just trying to match some off the shelf or a combination. I was able to get close to a color match.

My issue is the amount of grain now showing. Sections of the table are now showing a very open grain where the original did not. It looks like open grained oak. We have 5 coats of stain on and I do not think anymore will close the grain.

Does anyone know what the process DRV used in finishing or the product used? Did they spray on? Is it even stain or maybe a translucent paint? I always assumed it was cherry wood. Is it oak?

Any insight will be appreciated.

m
Mike2338 is offline   Reply With Quote