Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #1
dlott84040

Send a message via MSN to dlott84040
Mobile Suite Manual

Hi all, Wondering if anyone has the part of the manual that explains how to manually extend and retract the slides? Bought my Mobile Suites used and don't know if I got all the instructions with it but I have no insturctions on the slide operations at all. Also my unit was wired for a second A/C unit at the factory and I wanted to know if that unit takes the place of the fantastic fan in the bedroom or does it locate at some other location? Thanks in advance. Doug

dlott84040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:31 PM   #2
billr

We have Hyd slides so I'll leave that question for someone else.

As far as adding the second AC unit, it is installed above the bedroom with no intrusion on the inside. We didn't have a fan in the bedroom when we had the 2nd AC added. They did have to order a plenum from DT to tie it into the duct work once they cut out the roof and installed the unit.

If you have a fan there, maybe it isn't where the AC unit mounts, possibly just ahead or behind?

Cheers,
Bill

05 M/S 38RL3 #2046
01 Volvo VNL770
05 Smart Passion Loaded piggyback
https://picasaweb.google.com/billandjoan
Weigh-It Portable RV Scales
https://www.weighitrv.com
billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #3
bstark

If you also have hydraulic slides, the only manual method is to remove a small round label on the end of the pump housing and use an electric drill with a socket to spool the pump in either direction. One direction brings the slides in and the other deploys them. This is to operate the pump incase of motor failure or completely dead batteries and no shore power available.

We have the Fantastic Fan in the bedroom/bath area and also an A/C unit. The ductwork within the ceiling for the A/C is centralized over the bed and the unit is dead center of the roof while the F/Fan is located over the walkway from the bath area around the foot of the bed.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:50 PM   #4
RodeWorthy

Bruce,
The fan in the upper hallway is generally characterized as the Create-A-Breeze fan. If an optional Fantastic Fan is installed in the bedroom it is located closer to the front closet approximately on the centreline of the trailer. The Create-a-Breeze is still located where you mentioned. It's a mute point since, as Bill says the A/C unit does not intrude into the interior and can be installed with the Fantastic fan or the Create-A-Breeze in place.

Doug, are you really confused now? How many Canucks does it take to answer a question anyhow?

I am not sure of the vintage of your Mobile Suite but I do have a Lippert Manual that provides full maintenance and troubleshooting information for the hydraulic slides and landing gear. It also describes the auxilliary or "manual" method to move the slides. (Same as Bruce told you). It is from Lippert Components and is called (deep breath) "Hydraulic Slide Out and Hydraulic Landing Gear (HLG) System Operation and Service Manual". It can be found at http://www.lci1.com/service_owners_manuals.html. Or I can send you a PDF copy if you email me.

Rodeworthy
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #5
RodeWorthy

Oops! I see now you have an '04 which probably means electric slides. The same site lists a document for electric slide with instructions for manual operation. I hope I am not sending you on a wild goose chase.

Rodeworthy
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:37 PM   #6
Hobo

dlott84040

To hand crank the 04 trailers slides in or out you have to clime under the unit. Inside the frame you will find small cutouts 2' X 2' in the under belly to remove so you can get a wrench on the shaft to work the assembly.
That works if the motor is burned out or the battery is dead, but if it is the gears that striped you have a lot more trouble on your hands.
I have seen nothing in the manuals for this, in fact there is nothing you can really call a manual.
Lemon Tree 04 MS 36TK3 #0886
Hughes Net
Fulltimer since 1999
Find me at https://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=2000
Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:26 AM   #7
RustyJC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo
That works if the motor is burned out or the battery is dead, but if it is the gears that stripped you have a lot more trouble on your hands.
Been there, done that and now carry 2 comealongs in the truck's tool box. Naturally, since I'm now prepared, I've never had another problem.

Rusty
2004 DoubleTree Mobile Suites 36RE3 #1291
2002 Dodge 3500 DRW Cummins HO/6-speed
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #8
dlott84040

Send a message via MSN to dlott84040
As you said it is a 04 with most of the extras except for the second A/C but was wired for it. From your comments the A/C does not interfer with the Fantastic fan that is installed on our unit up near the forward closet. I would imagine that a good dealer would know what they were doing and already know this. I will check on the lippert site several of you mentioned and see what I can find. The only other thing I'm having trouble with is finding a refrigerator light bulb. Darned if I can find one around here. I should check on the Dometic web site and see what I can find. These computers are frustrating at time but boy can you find stuff if you just take the time. Thanks for all the replies and all the experience all of you had had. After we retire maybe I will get a little smarter on this rig but just doing it myself. Thanks again. Happy camping.

dlott84040 is offline   Reply With Quote