Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2007, 06:49 PM   #21
Hobo

I had the B&D Spacemaker in my sick house over 10 years ago with the same problems so I doubt the new model will be any better. I took one look at it and out it came. It never had a chance to leak.
The problem with the reservoir leaking is getting a mineral build up on the seal. Using distiled water will help. The worse the tap water the faster it will fail. The carafe is yet another problem. I had found that holding the top open or taking it off helped in the poring problem.

The only real fix is pitch it.
Rick

Lemon Tree 04 MS 36TK3 #0886
Hughes Net
Fulltimer since 1999
Find me at https://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=2000
Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:19 PM   #22
BobW

Just received the replacement coffee maker. This looks mostly the same look and size. We found it had a class carafe the was great to pour. Didn't leak coffee all over the place. It also has a heated base to keep the coffee hot. I also noticed it has bigger read out for us blind guys. Rubber feet on the bottom. Before I install it, I'm going to add a small plate for it to sit in, just in case. Model number ODC440.
This is a much better unit. B&D must have replaced a ton of them. They also sent me a postage free label to send the old one back.

2007 M2 Freightliner
2005 Wrangler
In a land of the blind, the one eyed guy is king.
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:42 PM   #23
layne

I like the way it turns off when the coffee is ready and I like the insulated pot, but it leaks all over the place and really doesn't hold enough coffee. We set ours on a teflon cookie sheet inside the cabinet so the water would go on the cookie sheet rather than ruin the wood. It works fine, but is a major clean up after every single use.

layne is offline   Reply With Quote