Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2017, 10:07 PM   #1
Mannah

What truck do I get?

Hey there folks. Brand new to the RV community. My wife and I were looking at a Keystone Laredo 32RS and a Keystone Cougar 314FS. What would be ideal trucks for pulling these? I don't want to buy too much truck, but I do want to also safely tow whatever we decide on. Are there any trucks you guys recommend that are overall a good towing truck as well as dependable? Thanks!

Mannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:44 AM   #2
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
Looks like you will need to research the gross weight each trailer could be, don't use the dry weights as nobody ever tows them empty. This will give you a starting point for examining the trucks capacity to tow that weight. As far as Ford, Dodge, GMC or Chevy, then it becomes preference to you for looks, style, ride and costs. New or used, 4 door, tow door, extended cab, short bed or long bed. Is the new to you trailer going to be for vacations or full time living?
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote