Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
igotjam

Dometic Concerto 4400/4410 Toilet

One of the few manuals that came with my trailer was one for the Dometic/Sealand Concerto toilet. In the manual it gives a list of parts it says you should always have on hand. This is a great idea.
At the beginning of August being proactive I ordered the 5-6 suggested parts. The dealer had no end of problems getting them so I cancelled the order at the end of September. In Oct the toilet malfunctioned. Dometic was very helpful in helping me determine the parts required for a fix. None of the Dometic dealers I spoke with stocked any of the parts needed. I ended up ordering them from Camping World paying an additional $40+ for overnite delivery.
Returning the next day I was advised that CW had just finished the PO to Dometic "they will be here tomorrow". The next day it was Dometics fault they were not here. There was an excuse every day for over a week. After more than a week without a functioning toilet, I gave up and bought a Thetford. It works great and parts are always available.
If you have the Dometic, I suggest you keep parts on hand as it appears they are impossible to get.

igotjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:23 AM   #2
RodeWorthy

Good service from Sealand

We had a problem with our Concerto toilet shortly after we took delivery. It would cycle continuously requiring the fuse to be pulled to stop the action. The manual's troubleshooting section wrote about this condition -probably a mis-adjusted cam switch. While at Doubletree I contacted Sealand at 1 PM on a Friday. The offered to send me a whole new toilet but the concern was the china would not arrive intact. They offered to send me a whole new internal mechanism and I agreed. Those parts arrived at my home in Canada on the following Monday -they got there before I did. UPS had to deliver them again on Tuesday. That was great service.

Sorry you had so much trouble but I had the opposite experience.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:53 AM   #3
john

Toilet

I too had a problem with my toilet...it keep leaking. I called the company and asked if I could get an upgrade if I paid the difference. She said all I needed was a new part. In less than a week it arrived. I installed it and no problems in the past year. Good service.