Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2015, 10:07 AM   #21
the Sheriff

We have a 2012 Mobile Suite. Quality is good but if you buy a new model, be sure to get the ($$) extended warranty. DRV is good with support for the first 3 years but then you'll be on your own. We couldn't drive the unit out of the dealer's lot for 6 weeks while DRV fussed with the slide. The problem is still with us but DRV has dropped any help. So has Lippert, so we are relying on the extended warranty. We are certainly not happy with DRV considering the $100,000+ price! Three years and it falls apart?!? They've ended up being a typical "car dealer": once they get the money, they're done with you.

the Sheriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:14 AM   #22
ARCliz

just picked up our 2016 41 RSSB4 AND I agree , QC and attention to detail IS NOT there for the amount of money spent!!

ARCliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:22 PM   #23
TeresaB

How has DRV been in fulfilling their warranty repairs? Has it taken a long time to get issues corrected? How is the fit and finish on their RVs?
TeresaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:55 AM   #24
tjfotenot

I have a 2014.5 43' Lexington Mobile Suites and fit and finish is less than satisfactory. The quality of materials compared to most manufacturers are much better than most. DRV definitely resolves their issues. I could never schedule an appointment in a timely manner with the factory but used their local recommended shops instead for minor issues.

There are no excuses for DRV but all manufacturers, except like New Horizons and Continental Coach which are much more expensive, are all on a assembly line with quotas to meet so there will always be quality issues with this process.

In my opinion, we love our coach. Would I like to see better manufacturing quality..... Absolutely. I don't know of a better coach in this price range and I am a full timer who has been on the road for 15 years and have talked to a lot of RV owners. I have been in extreme conditions with RV's and DRV is one of the best as far as materials and components used.

By the way 2012 and 2013 had major issues with their Schwintek slide components and are now using a cable slide component which is much better.

Hope this helps!
tjfotenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:42 AM   #25
TeresaB

Thank your for the information. It is very helpful. I don't expect perfection; however, given the price point, I would expect for DRV to be quick to resolve any issues.
Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Teresa
Old 09-16-2015, 09:44 AM   #26
WiFi

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCliz View Post
just picked up our 2016 41 RSSB4 AND I agree , QC and attention to detail IS NOT there for the amount of money spent!!
Never has been
Old 09-17-2015, 08:23 AM   #27
rorr1821

DRV comes with 2 A/C's on the 36 and 38 units. I have been advised by one dealer to order the 3rd ac if you spend much time in hot climates. DO YOU REALLY NEED THE 3RD A/C?
rorr1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:47 PM   #28
Cummins12V98

I was advised by Alicia at RollingRetreats, I took her advice along with the CheapHeat option and am very thankful for both!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:33 AM   #29
Bugcatcher

What is the cheap heat?
Bugcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:59 PM   #30
terry and jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugcatcher View Post
What is the cheap heat?

Down further in the forums is one thread regarding Cheap Heat. Check this link:

Cheap Heat

For more information, check out more at the following website:

RV Comfort Systems

I don't know if the website lists the price of Cheap Heat. If not, you'll need to ask those that have looked further into them or that have purchased the system.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:52 PM   #31
TeresaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorr1821 View Post
DRV comes with 2 A/C's on the 36 and 38 units. I have been advised by one dealer to order the 3rd ac if you spend much time in hot climates. DO YOU REALLY NEED THE 3RD A/C?
Personally, I would rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. I prefer for everything to be factory installed. I'm not one for adding things on at a later date and tying up my camper at the dealership, in addition to risking the dealership messing up something while completing the work. JMHO