Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
The Spices

Indiana Interstate RV - Paul and Kay Cross

You have seen the above names here before. We had to have a few repairs done to our Mobile Suite and, once again, Paul and Kay got it done for us quickly, efficiently and at a fair price. They are tops! Paul knows these things inside and out - he did work for DRV for 5 years in the early years. A few years ago they installed a window for us in the bedroom slide. We LOVE it - it allows for good "cross" ventilation even when it rains. We won't take our unit anywhere else!

Former - 2010 MS 36RS3 w/ MorRyde IS and pinbox, Mag susp., Level Up plus a number of custom mods. 600 watt AM Solar
2012 F450 King Ranch with Classy Chassis hauler bed conversion, Trailsaver
The Spices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
JOHN EVANS

Kay and Paul are the best!! I called Kay the other day for a part she shipped it out the same day u.p.s. i recived it the next day, now all i have to do is wait for the weather to break here in Illinois so i can install it.

JOHN EVANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
bstark

I can go one better.

We had warranty adjustments done to our 05 rig right after purchase in Canada at the request of the factory because our selling dealer mis-cued a lot of the codes for the selected options. The number of changes to the rig that were paid for in the purchase price but were not installed at the factory was such the factory wanted all the changes made there instead.

We readily agreed and were scheduled in while on our run down to Yuma Az. for the winter months.

That was our first meeting with Paul Cross and his team of workers who were working for the factory then. After observing his work ethic, effective oversight of his team and quality of all the adjustments made to the rig we avowed to keep him in mind for general repairs I couldn't handle myself in the future.

That opportunity presented itself when a "stoned on drugs" miscreant ran up underneath our rig at the Alachua exit of I-75 while I was doing 70mph and he was passing folks at near 90 speeds for at least 20 miles of frenzied calls by witnesses to the Florida State Troopers.

The rig was still towable but the rear cap was toast along with some stuff underneath but his girlfriends Saturn acted like a wedge going under the rear lifting it up and those frame rails ended up even with his dashboard.

We made an appointment right then by cellphone to stop at Paul and Kay's to have an estimate done by them.

Our Canadian Insurance insisted on a couple of more quotes with one of their adjusters even sating he could not believe they could replace that end cap and perform the rest of the work required for the price Paul quoted us.

After some communication between our insurance carrier with Paul directly and my assurance I was not dinging them for fuel costs to tow the thing back down there with our International they relented .

Summation: That same adjuster came to view the rig after we returned home from Paul and Kay's and stated he would recommend without reservation, our insurance carrier send every high end trailer down there for repair. Our rig looked better after than before the accident.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #4
JOHN EVANS

Did i meet you last year at Paul and Kays? I was having a portion of my roof replaced.
JOHN EVANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
bstark

Not us John. That accident happened in the spring of 10' and we had already decided to sell the whole shebang and bought a home in Florida.

That accident removed any misgivings we might have been having regarding getting out of RV'ing.

I had already decided the yearly testing for my required CDL-AZ to tow my rig with a truck over 13,000KG GVWR was getting old but that nut running up under us while stoned drove the spike through RV'ing for us.

The respondent Troopers were magnificent to deal with and they put criminal charges against the fellow who ultimately served 18 months in jail due to other issues of being on parole for a more violent crime at the time.

As an aside; those Troopers had set an intercept up for just the other side of that overpass due to all the witnesses phoning in for over 20 minutes of reporting his driving from lane to lane and even glancing off the guardrail once. They thought for sure they were going to arrive at the scene seeing a rig overturned down in the ditch but instead noted the size of the Toter (scaled at 17,600lbs loaded) being what had prevented that from happening.

My hitch was an old, no longer made, four bag AirGlyder that cushioned fore and aft movement as well as vertical. No damage to pin box framing was found upon Paul's inspection.