Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
morscuba

Mattress Replacement

Anyone ever replaced their mattress..I'm looking at a Sealy memory foam?? Wondering if anyone was real happy (or unhappy) with what they have..
Thanks in advance

Old 06-26-2010, 05:41 PM   #2
hitchup

We considered a Memory Foam. Looked at "Bed in a Box". But wasn't impressed when we slept a few nights on a Tempurpedic.

So after more internet reasearch, we bought a Denver Mattress. Wouldn't have bought it off the internet, because we need to test it out. Luckily, there is a store in Erie, PA that we drove by and got to try out a lay on different models. We ordered one, they made it up and shipped to the store and 2 guys came to the RVP, took our old mattress and brought in the new one.

Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:46 AM   #3
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
We bought the Bed in a Box about 4 years ago and love it. In fact we just bought one for the house without wheels because we didn't want to have to keep moving it back and forth. To us well worth the money.
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:28 AM   #4
dshind

Does anyone have the select comfort?Don't hear much about them anymore except on their infomercials.
Dave
Fulltime since Oct. 2003
dshind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #5
Gemstone

I can tell you that the "Seep Number" warranty is pro-rated. Our pump went out after 6 years...I was not happy with the suggested replacement cost.

Regards
Gemstone
Old 06-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
Richard Miller

Yes I have a Select Comfort in my persent JAYCO DESIGNER LEGACY and have loved it for 6 years. Am ordering one in my new MS 38RSSB3 which is being built now.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #7
Motor31

Because I have had back problems we went to a regular firm pillow top mattress purchased at a regular bed furnishing store. We've been using it for 5 years and have had no issues. It uses standard king sheets and fits in the space provided in the RV. The only issue we had was finding a mattress that was not as tall as was popular so that it would fit under the drawers.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:46 PM   #8
kfrimr

We ordered our Mobile Suite without a mattress so that we could take the Select Comfort out of our house and put it directly in our new home. We are as pleased with it in our Suite as we were with it in our sticks and bricks. We had it for 4 years in the house and now 3 years in the MS. Could not be happier or sleep better. We are full timers so it isn't used just for vacations or weekends its every day.
Kent
kfrimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:43 PM   #9
RonS

We have the sleep number RV King. Works for us, and takes a lot of work out of making the bed. Much Lighter than the mattress that came with the DRV, we just slide the air mattress toward the foot end of the bed when changing the sheets. Only time we need to adjust the air pressure is when we travel in the mountains. Take the pressure down to about 20 and then when we set up for the night just hit the memory button which takes it back to the settings we like. The CAL king size sheets work on the RV King mattress.
06 MS 36TK3 #2473 w/(Phase II)side to side levelers, Trailair pin box w/Tri-Glide plate.
2011 Dodge 3500 CC 4x4 Diesel DRW Power Tuner guages etc
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #10
Jim Keefer

Just a mention with my experience with the Sleep Number king mattress. We have had this for 4 years and really love it. Before 2 years old the pump went bad, called Customer Service and shipped a new pump, no charge as it was under 2 years old. Last nite the one remote was only reading the bottom half and therefore was not able to adjust pressure.

This morning I called Customer Service and explained the situation. Since the pump was replaced before, we had another 2 year warranty, so a replacement will be sent no charge, but upgraded to wireless remotes. At first I was told that a prorated pump would cost me $108 + SH.. But as stated above the replacement pump was still under 2 year warranty thus no charge. The CS rep was more than helpful and very pleasant.

We like the idea of being able to adjust the mattress for firm or soft. My back has never felt better since this purchase..

Jim
2005 CK3 #1631
2004.5 Dodge Cummins
Quad, Laramie Pkg.
BD Exhaust Brake
S.O.I.T.C. Western Division
Jim Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #11
terry and jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshind
Does anyone have the select comfort?Don't hear much about them anymore except on their infomercials.
Dave

This answer may come too late for your choosing, but I'll also put in good words for the Select Comfort (Sleep Number) beds. We've had one in our home for about 6 or 7 years and ordered one in our new Mobile Suites.

Considering that two different people sometimes have 2 different choices in firmness of a mattress, they are exceptional. For instance, Jo uses something like a 40 or 45 number on her side and I use 100. In spite of that, we BOTH rave about the bed.

Can ANY other bed offer satisfaction for that much difference in firmness preference?

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #12
The View 5046

We also recomend the Select Comfort. We ordered our 2010 MS with the Select Comfort. We just got tired of the RV type mattresses we always had to buy a 4" foam topper. We have been using the Select Comfort for a year and its been great. WARNING if you travel to highter Elevations, such as Colorado make sure you deflate it. In the Rockies our Select Comfort inflated to 100 lbs. GBY...

2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 4 (SOLD)
Trailer Saver TS 3
Pressure Pro System (SOLD)
The View 5046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:22 AM   #13
rcbako

I am using Sealy Posturepedic since september. Since I am using it never did I experience any back problem. It keeps me have a sound sleep always.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #14
BlueSkyRanch

We also have a Select Comfort in our 2010 MS and love it. We are planning to buy one for the house when we get home.