Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
terry and jo

2010 DRV Suites Brochure Information

I posted a thread on the Suites Owners International Travel Club (SOITC) forum regarding information in the new 2010 DRV product brochure, the Specs and Floorplan brochure, and the 2010 Mobile Suites Price sheet.

Within that thread (found at the link below) is another link. The link below will take you to a message with photos from the product brochure. The link within the SOITC thread takes you to the brochure on specs and floorplans and the price sheet.

All the info from the brochures are in jpg format.

Terry

http://suitesowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1321

2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
dalehandsome

2010 DRV Brochure

Hi Terry,
I tried to bring up the images on the SOLITC site and was not able to do so because we are not yet members. We live Puerto Vallarta, Mexico during the Winter and we are in the process of purchasing a 36tksb3 as our summer home. Since we are in Mexico, we have no access to any dealears and it is very difficult choosing colors and accessories etc. We would appreciate it if you could download any information you have to this site or send it to us at dalehandsome@yahoo.com. We are excited to see the new brochure. We are surprised and disapointed that DRV has not updated their site yet.

dalehandsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
jdwilson3

Get in touch with Brad at Stalkups RV in Casper WY. Google search will find their phone number. They are experts at DT products and internet and phone ordering.

I was totally impressed with the whole transaction from start to finish. When we arrived, they even had ice in the ice maker, having tested it!!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
terry and jo

Dalehandsome,

I am at work, so at the moment I will have to wait until I get home to send anything to you. But, I will do so, provided that my home internet provider has speeded up our wireless service.

In the meantime, as someone else mentioned somewhere, DRV has put their floorplans, including the twelve 43' models, on their website. In addition, they have finally put the specs (measurements, weights, holding tank sizes) on there as well. When looking at floorplans, just click on the "Specs" link.

I tried to put the images on this message but Fifth Wheel Forums won't allow the size of the photos that I had on SOITC. I'll have to e-mail them later.

Terry
Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 12-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #5
5thwheeler

DRV Links

Here are the links from the DRV Home Page:

Select: http://www.drvsuites.com/products.php?suites_id=3
Mobile: http://www.drvsuites.com/products.php?suites_id=2
Elite: http://www.drvsuites.com/products.php?suites_id=1

In each case choose "floorplans"
You then have a choice of looking at a larger floorplan, specs, or standand and options.

Here's the link for the specifications on a 43 Charleston Mobile Suite:
http://www.drvsuites.com/products.ph...s&fp=1717#main
"Wishful Dreamin'"
5thwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #6
terry and jo

I guess I should mention that the photos that I was referring to were scanned images of each page of the 2010 DRV Suites Brochure. In them, you can see at least a couple of things new for 2010. Specifically, a new counter top pattern and color for Mobile Suites and a new kitchen faucet with a separate "remote" spray nozzle.

I've heard of a new backsplash that is supposed to be Corian tile behind the range. I don't remember seeing that in the pictures of the brochure though. It was told to me by Melinda King, the DRV rep for the central states area.

The brochure also had a page mentioning some "New" features. Hopefully they will get the brochure on-line soon.
Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 12-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
dalehandsome

Thanks Terry,
We are going to view those now and both of us are very excited. I e-mailed Dan at DRV yesterday and he responded today saying that the DRV website would be upgraded next week. Thanks again for all your help.

Dale and Marian Hansen
Old 12-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #8
Mikey

Spreadsheet

Here's the spreadsheet with Mobile Suite prices
Attached Files
File Type: xls mobile_suite_spreadsheet_199.xls (41.0 KB, 39 views)
2008 F450
Full-timing at last!
www.HomeIsWhereWeParkIt.net
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #9
terry and jo

It looks like Mikey posted an Excel spreadsheet of the price list. I'll post the one Jo worked up as well, partly so I can practice posting attachments onto the forum.

Our spreadsheet also has the listing in the lower left hand corner of what the "forced" Mobile Suites Package includes.

Terry

OK. I goofed. Jo worked up the spreadsheet and had put in some quantity values on some options, so to get a blank one, I "zero'ed" the quantity values and saved the document as a blank, but in a different version from Jo's.

Hers was done in Office 2007 and I "saved" the blank worksheet in the older version leading up to 2003. Thus, there may be some issues with the way the cell calculations work.

So, I am attaching another spreadsheet, this one the Office 2007 version. Sorry if the other messed anyone up.

Terry
Attached Files
File Type: xls mobile_suites_price_sheet_blank_121.xls (44.0 KB, 39 views)
Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 12-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #10
Mike2338

Thanks for the Spreadsheets!

They at least make this part of the decision process easier.

m
Mike2338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #11
Motor31

Here is a bit of advice if you are going to order a new unit built to your option specs. You have the price sheets and the one Mikey posted is easy to understand and includes the factory option code numbers for ordering.

Make up your own spec sheet. List the model and size unit you want. Put the option codes you want on the sheet. Make up an e-mail and send it to yourself as the primary recipient with a selection of dealers listed in the BCC heading (blind carbon copy) so that all the dealers you sent it to do NOT know who they are competing with. Tell the dealers that you are putting this out to bid and the dealer who comes up with the best opening bid is the one you will make the final negotiating and order through. Do NOT list your trade in and if contacted by the dealers do not discuss the trade in until you are happy with the price they are giving you. Also tell them that if they are going to talk to you about MSRP, not to bother responding and that you do have the factory prices already.

You will be amazed at the response. Do this only if you are past the decision to buy. Also do not do this in the very end of the model year. Quality gets rather shakey at that time when they are starting to ramp up for the new model year.

BIG hint. If you are getting a larger unit, do get dual AC units even if you are only planning to stay in the Northern areas. Do get the heat pump option as well, preferably in both AC units.

FWIW Stalkups who was the top dealer when we bought in 05 didn't even respond until 2 weeks after we had already made the order with another dealer.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:34 PM   #12
dalehandsome

Thanks to everyone for all your help. Mike, do you feel it would be better to just list the item numbers rather than send the dealers a filled out Manufacturer retail price sheet?
Old 12-15-2009, 09:32 AM   #13
Motor31

Just list the item numbers on your e-mail. It's part of the incentive for the dealer to be sure and not simply regurgitate the MSRP prices of each item back to you. There is a TON of markup on each one. When we ordered our rig at the end of the 05 model year we had, according to the price list, over $20k of options on it. The opening bid of the winning dealer had all the options included and was still under the base price of the RV. The MSRP of the base rig is rather marked up as well and that was WAY before the RV industry got smacked with the economy and the rigs were priced about $50 to $60k. Right now if they even mention MSRP on anything they are thinking you are an easy mark.

Just for grins we stopped at a dealer in the South last November to look at new models. He was trying to tell me they couldn't keep any MS in stock they were selling so fast, yet their lot was full of rigs and the parking lot was empty. We got a brochure (09) and left. Unless we need a MS specific part, we won't be back to that dealer again.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #14
Mikey

We used both

I'm not sure it really matters - codes or descriptions. If you plan to use codes, make sure you copy the correct numbers.

We used both "codes & descriptions" in our search for the best deal. We requested quotes from 3 dealers, and received quotes that varied by over $15,000. We purchased from Can Am in London Ontario. They didn't have the lowest price, but we decided that since we would be in the London area for 4-6 months each year - proximity to the dealer was an important factor.

There are many options that are not listed on the order form.
For example, we wanted the majority of the 12 volt lights to be on dimmers; we wanted a number of additional 120 duplex plugs, etc.

After we had agreed on a "price", we worked with our dealer to fine tune those "extras."

It's my understanding that DRV does not build "spec" units. Any "extra" DRV units on a dealer's lot have been ordered and paid for by the dealer.
2008 F450
Full-timing at last!
www.HomeIsWhereWeParkIt.net
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #15
terry and jo

Mikey,

DRV does do some "custom" work in building a unit for a specific customer. While we were first looking at options on a unit, we asked whether certain items could be changed, added, deleted, etc. For instance, I wanted incandescent lights instead of flourescent ones and was told that they could be changed. We could add electrical outlets. They will even install speaker jacks in the corners of the rear of our choice of unit for the tower speakers of my Boston Acoustic home speakers.

All one has to do is ask. One couple on one of the forums even got DRV to combine parts of two different floorplans into one. Of course, any additional options or changes will probably effect the price.

Terry

Terry's Smugmug Site