Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2016, 01:30 PM   #1
Oldsailor69

Slide out problem

A slide on my 2008 Carriage Cameo F34ck3 has an issue. Hope I'm using the right terms to describe. One of the 2 "rack gears" or I've heard them referred to as Ram gears (the long flat gears (2) under each slide. The clearance between one of the gears teeth and the trim at the bottom of the hole in the side of the RV is less than 1/8th inch while the other clears by a good inch. Questions:
A. Is there an adjustment for this?
B. Or, is this a warn part that can be replaced? If so, who made this slide assembly and where can I order parts?
I thought it could be metal fatigue but that's only a guess. I've seen the same issue on other Carraige units.

I can't find any maker or model number on the slide mechanism and would really like to know who supplied them to Carraige.
I have replaced the gear sets in the slide a few years ago and got them from RBW. But the know nothing about this part of the slide system.

This issue is occurring on 2 of the 3 slides. The 3rd slide is the bedroom slide and has a different mechanism.

If anyone has fixed this problem I'd like to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

Oldsailor69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:44 AM   #2
wingnut60
Site Team

You may want to look at the Carriage/Lifestyle forum for some info on your trailer--you will have to join to ask questions.
Hope you find some answers to your problem.
Joe

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:26 AM   #3
frscherock

Call Larry Fox at Fox Rv in Middlebury, Indiana. He is the best on Carriage slide problems.
574 825 2553. They are hard to reach but know what they are doing.

FS
frscherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:03 PM   #4
Kerry

There are screws that hold the gear mechanism down. they are probably loose. Access through the zipper openings in the underbelly. The gears and motor are available form Alco. If you replace the gears, replace the motor, the bushings in the motor are probably worn. Not a hard job to replace, a little tight working area.
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 04:32 PM   #5
Oldsailor69

Been there done that. The issue is the ram aka rack gear. Not the gear set you speak of. Also the motor bolts are tight. Understand there is no adjustment for this issue.
Oldsailor69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:26 PM   #6
Kerry

Call Larry Fox in Middlebury as per the previous post. He know everything about the Carriage product.

Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide adjustment, slide tilted