Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2017, 06:02 PM   #21
Rockyhud

While browsing threads on the SOITC forums not too long ago, I read through one discussing RV clothes driers and one thing that stood out was several "veteran" RVers who've had fairly long term experience with them recommended buying what are categorized as "compact" driers instead of "RV" driers. From what I read, both are 24" sized but the compact driers apparently cost less AND have more interior volume for clothes. Here's the link, albeit somewhat dated. Still, it might be helpful reading.
https://suitesownersinternationaltra...8-washer-dryer

2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:51 AM   #22
dmascheck

Sure helpful!

dmascheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 06:10 AM   #23
dmascheck

This was real helpful!!

Merry Christmas!
Old 02-08-2018, 08:24 AM   #24
Rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmascheck View Post
First is there some way to search the forum before posting? Excuse me for being new, but I cannot find a search bar.

I'm thinking about buying one or two electric heaters for the trailer. I have noticed a couple of Lasko units that have great ratings, but thought others may have a different opinion.

I wish they had 240 volt units, that would sure help on amperage, but I'd have to run a separate circuit. Can it be done? Problems?

I also wonder why the AC's are not 240 volt??

Do some folks have heat pump style AC's. If you have Coleman AC's can they be changed out to heat pumps? Good idea?
I see this thread has changed direction a bit to dryers. While the 50 amp outlet is truly 240 volts across the two hot leads the RV service is split in such a way as you only have 120 volts available in the breaker panel.
I have a 240 volt heat system that has a 5,000 watt heating element.
It is a electric add on unit to the existing gas furnace. It will operate on a 30 amp 120 volt feed at about 1,800 watts.
I is called “Cheap Heat” the cost to install is not cheap, but if you are paying for a site with power it saves propane.
I see the biggest disadvantage is the initial cost.
As most people tend to use electric space heaters to heat with anyway I see this as the safest way to heat with electricity. It also uses the existing heating distribution system. This will provide heat to the basement.
Here is a link to the web site.
http://www.rvcomfortsystems.com/#
Rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:53 PM   #25
MASTERDRAGO

Also, keep in mind that the washer and dryer circuit breakers are separate so you have two extra circuits available for electric heaters if not using a washer and dryer.
MASTERDRAGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:43 AM   #26
dmascheck

Interesting to know, but I can use an electric space heater for supplement and have a couple of Buddy propane heaters if I need to. Being in Texas on the Gulf Coast, we are relatively warm year around. We can get in the teens, but not often and by the next day it starts warming up!

Thanks for the information!!
Old 02-28-2018, 04:45 AM   #27
dmascheck

Good points to think about!

I still want a washer and dryer if we decide to use the fifth wheel longer service. Going to a laundry is a pain and I'd prefer to use my own when I need it, plus the expense.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:42 PM   #28
John Landry

I also have installed the Cheap Heat system. I did the install myself in 2010 and been very happy with the operation of this system. Very Very Happy!! Great system.

John Landry is offline   Reply With Quote