Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
SuiteWheels

Removing sofa from unit...

We are at the Wine Country RV Resort in Paso Robles CA. ....FINALLY took our 5er on it's first trip! And d/h pulled over to the side under a pine tree (ug!) to pull out his truck mirrors....well you guessed it....green grupe
all over the front end and a long stratch along uper door side. We observed a man here washing a large MH which turned out great so we d/h hired him to do ours.
In the meantime, I found a loveseat sleeper at a furniture store that I really wanted but they won't pick up the sofa that came with our MS......mentioned it to the owner of the Tech-Wash & Detail and he took it! Just gave it away, I always hated it and it broke down within the first two months we had our unit.

To make a long story shorter (sorry I got carried away, lol) it took 3 big guys to get that heavy sofa out....lots of stopping & setting it down, twisting, angling but after 25 minutes it was out the door!

Now I'm hoping this Broyhill loveseat will get in...it's deeper then the MS sofa but we are going to just lay in on it's back when bringing in the slides. I'm great at doing things backwards.....d/h said we may be going home tomorrow without a sofa! LOL

His dully pulled this 5er like a dream, so he was extremely happy. Molly (our cat) took one look at the 5er attached to the pick-up...went underneath my feet for the three hrs. trip to the coast. I kept looking back to make sure it was still attached......but we did make it just fine....now to get back home!

SuiteWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
hitchup

We got rid of our 92" sofa bed last fall in GA. WE never opened it once. It was just too big. It took David & 2 of our boys hardly any time to move it out. They stood it on end & slid it over to the door.

Then in VA, armed with a tape measure, we found a loveseat sofa bed w/storage ottoman at LZYBoy. Two little delivery men & David got it pulled inside fairly easy. Going up or down the stairs carrying the load is the hardest part.

It's not too wide if we move it in the dining slide, but prefer the rocking recliners across from the TV. So a day or so before our move, I switch to other side of the room.

Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
Motor31

When we ordered our rig we specified we wanted 2 recliners in place of the fold a bed couch. We don't miss that couch a bit and the 2 chairs are lighter to boot.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
hitchup

Just got back from the Hershey show. Went into quite a few 5ers, TC's & MH's. One of the Teton's actually had been ordered with a Broyhill brown leather sofa (3 cushions, not a loveseat) & 2 LZYB leather recliners. Their salesman had picked them out (with help), to use in place of their standard choices. Oh it made it look much nicer than the same old fabric.

Hopefully, your Broyhill will fit as well.
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:34 PM   #5
SuiteWheels

It fit! They brought that in easy as can be.....looks great. D/H cut part of a memory form pad....we laid it down on top of the coil little mattress from Broyhill, covered it with a mattress pad....slid in the sofa perfect. And you know, it's really pretty comfortable. And the sofa is so unique....light ivory with red & gold small roses and red trim. Love it!
SuiteWheels is offline   Reply With Quote