Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2016, 10:30 PM   #1
Amurdock

Exclamation Dry slide out is full of water

I have a 2013 Raven and the slide out has no water lines in it. While camping in KC, KS the weather turned bad and the slide stopped working, I took it to camping world in Winzchster MO, where they informed me the floor was full of water and had frozen. I see no leaked and having just bought the camper in may of this year as soon as I bought the Raven CK3300 I took it paid extra at the dealer to seal coat the roof and the slides when I picked it up I took it home and redone all the caulking myself. I do not know what else to do to stop water from getting in. I stay in the camper a lot for work and the guys at camping world charged me a lot of money and messed up the adjustment on the slide but got it to work. I will have the slide out repaired when I get it back to Texas, does any one know where I went wrong or how the water could have got in.

Amurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:03 AM   #2
wingnut60
Site Team

Sorry that you are having trouble with a new unit. You might consider the use of Eternabond over all the corners and seams of the slide. Also, check closely the rubber seals that go all around the slide for fit--there probably is some place that is not sealing close against the slide.
I doubt that the extra 'seal coat' that CW applied was anything more than a money-maker for them.
Look around the bottom of the slide for any metal strips/screws/flanges that might have a lip that water could get under and use a good caulk (Dicor) that doesn't shrink.
Outside of that, don't know what else that would help.
Good luck, and for future work--a lot of people on the RV internet forums DO NOT let CW work on their units...
Joe

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:44 PM   #3
Amurdock

Thank you I will definitely keep that in mind
Amurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:28 AM   #4
Suite Sweets

CW not doing repairs on my unit, either

Re CW working on units: My final experience with them - bad converter. They wanted $800 for the part, plus $75 install. We purchased on line for $200 from a retailer. When I questioned management about the God-awful markup (figuring their cost would have been about $150), they said they followed 'corporate' pricing requirement, and that was the markup that 'corporate' required. CW was first to the marketplace with a nationwide RV chain. Combining with Good Sam and Trailer Life was a marketing coup. They've positioned them selves to take advantage of the marketplace, and they do. We find out things break when we use them - not while they are sitting. So, we're on vacation, the cost of the repair is small in comparison to ruining the family vacation. CW pricing is like some of the pharmaceutical company's. But because they are advantaging the well-off (let's face if, if you've got the money to be RVing, you're well off), rather than the sick and infirm, it is not likely there will be a Congressional outcry.
Suite Sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:11 PM   #5
stanleyz

I don't spit tobacco in to the wind, I don't draw my gun on Jesse James and I would never let CW work on my RV or my truck or my grandson's wagon. I'm just saying. And so many others agree with me that it is just a matter of time until they lose nation wide credibility as a repair facility.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:28 AM   #6
wingnut60
Site Team

Won't happen as long as the RV industry is cranking them out fast as possible--newbies entering the market every day and buying them, and having to have someone fix them because they aren't made right.

Suite Sweets,
Highest priced converter online CW is PI9280 at $370. Sounds like your local dealer was trying to get to you...

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freezing, raven, sealing slides, water in slide