Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-17-2018, 12:47 AM   #1
HelenL
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3
About to go full-time!

Hello! Our house sale is scheduled to close July 13. Then we will buy a fifth wheel and truck and go full time. We're very excited.
__________________

HelenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:27 AM   #2
Stripit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Home Prescott, Az
Posts: 951
Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenL View Post
Hello! Our house sale is scheduled to close July 13. Then we will buy a fifth wheel and truck and go full time. We're very excited.
How exciting for you both, but we bought the rv and truck first, took a short trip or two to get ourselves adjusted as to what we really needed to take along with the fulltime adventure and what we could sell, leave or give away. The first year was constant adjustments, but it all worked out and we really loved the time on the road. We made it 8 years before buying a home again.
__________________

__________________
2018 Holiday Rambler Admiral 31A
2015 Cadillac SRX (towed)
2008 Lexus 400H
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 03:50 PM   #3
HelenL
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripit View Post
How exciting for you both, but we bought the rv and truck first, took a short trip or two to get ourselves adjusted as to what we really needed to take along with the fulltime adventure and what we could sell, leave or give away. The first year was constant adjustments, but it all worked out and we really loved the time on the road. We made it 8 years before buying a home again.
Wow! Good for you! I wish we could get the RV first, but we have to get the home sale money first.
HelenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #4
wingnut60
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wherever the Suites is
Posts: 2,240
HelenL,
We were in a similar situation--used the house sale to pay off all debts and then On The Road. It will be a little different but workable. Try not to hang on to too much 'stuff' that will only cost money to store and then throw away later...
And, welcome to the forum.
__________________
2015 38RSSA #7382
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:56 PM   #5
HelenL
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
HelenL,
We were in a similar situation--used the house sale to pay off all debts and then On The Road. It will be a little different but workable. Try not to hang on to too much 'stuff' that will only cost money to store and then throw away later...
And, welcome to the forum.
Thank you! That's good advice. The more we downsize the more I like getting rid of stuff. It's nice to know that someone else has done the same thing.
HelenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #6
Ernie
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1
I have a 2006 Teton Fifth Wheel that has seen very little use it has been stored the past fife years and it is a Full Time Unit. I am getting out of RVing because of health problems. I also have a 2006 Ford F-350 Dually KingRanch with only 59,000 miles .Both units in excellent condition and I am asking 45,000 for the pair. They both are absolutely loallded.If you are interested and want more information please emai mt. Trailer cost 115,000 in 2006 and Truck was almost 54,000 thanks for reading.Ernie
__________________

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.