Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2019, 11:13 PM   #1
Rhagfo

OMG My new TV is Soooo Big and tall!

We see people posting statements when they either go from an 150/1500 to a 250/2500. We also see it when many step up from a 250/2500 to a 350/3500 DRW.

Well seeing how I didn't trade my old TV on the new, I had it for a little side by side comparison

So first from the front, yep the hood is a bit taller, maybe a tic wider feels about the same width.

Now a side view at the front,like I said above I think the hood is just a tad taller, maybe an inch.

Next length and a bit of height, the length looks to be about 18" maybe a bit less. The height is 1" taller for the 2016 based on measurements at the Tailgate.

Yep the new DRW has a sweet set of Hips! Sure is wider than the 2001, but still easily fits in a standard highway lane.

Now rear to rear I see hardly and difference, other than with the 2016 the rear tire looks closer to the rear. That should make towing smoother.

So all in all the new 2016, is just a tad bit larger than our current 2001, the part that really amazed me was the height at the Tailgate is within an INCH of the same height.

I will say the cab feels much larger than the 2001, maybe it is the bucket seats and very nice console between the driver and passenger.
So from now on I will take with a grain of salt statements like "It is just too big to drive in the city" or "It is too big to be a daily driver"

Yes I will be aware of the hips for a bit, but then they will be second nature.

Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
Rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:18 AM   #2
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
Really nice looking truck. It does look a lot more "hip"!!
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote