Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2016, 01:53 PM   #1
Low 'n Slow

Hello again

I can't remember if I posted and introduced myself after I purchased the Mobile Suites this past summer, so, here it is again.

My wife and I purchased a used 2010 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 last August. It had been RV garaged kept and looked brand new. So far, we are very happy with the purchase as I have always felt that DRV is/was an excellent 5th wheel. Previously, we owned a pop-up, Prowler pull trailer, and two SunnyBrook trailers. This is our second 5th wheel.

We plan to winter in San Diego and along the California coast once I retire from flying commercial airplanes in 24 months. Looking forward to never having to shovel snow again...

We wanted a Mobile Suites for living in 4-6 months a year. I purchased a 2015 GMC Denali dually last April to pull the MS. Very glad I have the dually. I have found it is a lot more stable with the extra set of tires in the rear. I also believe it is required for the larger trailer and the pin weight.

The truck has posed a problem with the higher rails though. I have an appointment with MorRyde in the spring to correct the clearance between the truck rails and the bottom of the trailer (overhang). The previous owner had the MorRyde IS system installed. It was fine for him (he had a Ford), but there is not enough clearance for me.

I also would like DRV to install a roof vent in the bedroom. Even though it has two A/C units, we would like a roof vent. We found having a roof vent in the bedroom was very beneficial in our previous 5th wheel. We have an appointment in the spring with DRV to do the install. Ed Fry says it can be done.

We have also experienced a slight slide creep on the door slide. After towing for approximately 20 minutes, the door slide creeps out approx. 1 inch. I have an appointment with Lippert in the spring as well to fix this issue.

We were only able to use the MS once this past summer. So far we love it. We took it to Colter Bay RV park for a month. We are especially enjoying the rear living arrangement. I love the "televator". If I want the TV up, I just push a button. I like the window behind the TV as well.

I hadn't planned to purchase a MS until I retired, but we found a floor plan that is great for us and I am very happy that I found a rig that wasn't abused. It seems to be just the right size as well. I thought about purchasing a 38 footer, but glad we have the 36 RSSB3. I believe it is 37' 10 inches............

I am sorry that I haven't contributed to anything on this forum yet, but hope to be a "regular" once we get to know our rig better. Thanks again to Terry and Jo for driving up and helping us get started.

Additions:
We added a second awning from Carefree on the door slide.
We added a RV skirt to the front...love it..!
Added a custom motorcycle rack to the rear for my two Yamaha 225's. We had the same set up on the previous 5ver and it worked great. We added two 1 foot receivers to the ends of the trailer for support. Plus, we tied into the center receiver as well. I believe it's stronger than the previous set up on our Sunnybrook.

I am an avid kayak sailor. We have several Hobie kayaks that we enjoy sailing. Mission Bay in San Diego may be my new playground.

Thanks ahead of time for all of you who are knowledgeable and know a lot more about this rig than me. I look forward to posting pictures and threads once the rig is out of hibernation (winterized).

Thank you,

Paul in Colorado
Hobie Tandem Island, i9s, i12s kayaks
Low 'n Slow is offline   Reply With Quote