Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2016, 04:04 PM   #1
dalehandsome

Drv customer service is going down!!

We went to the Tampa RV show in January. My wife fell in love with the new two tiered buffet with a table that had a leaf that could be inserted to make it larger when we have company. I talked with the factory rep on site and he said there would be no problem in ordering one for our 2010 38tksb3. As soon as we returned home I called Greg Vaugn in parts and inquired about the table. He quoted me $973.00 dollars plus shipping. I gave my approval. Greg called back a few days later and asked if I was aware that the style of the Buffet and table had changed. I informed him that I was because we saw the new Buffet and table at the Tampa RV show. He expressed some concern with it working in our unit. I assured him that we took all measurements while there and there was no problem. The color was also a little different but that did not matter. Greg said that DRV would not be responsible if it did not work. I informed him that I would take full responsibly for the fit and color. He asked for a credit card which I happily gave him. Several days later he calls once again to tell me that he made a mistake with the quote and it was going to be much higher. He had quoted me for the old style. I told him to please get me the correct price. Another several days went by before Greg called informing me that it would be $1,800.00, however, they were not interested in proceeding with the order. He said the Corian top would break in shipping and the project was too labor intensive. I told him I would pay for insurance and I was even willing to assemble everything if they would just ship me the finished wood provided by the manufacturer. I also informed Greg that I did not need the Corian top as I could design a different top. I just needed the cabinets and table. Once again he told me that he would get back in touch. Several days later he called back and bluntly told me they that they were not willing to sell me anything. Not even un-assembled. End of conversation. When I first started talking with Greg he was very friendly and helpful (A warm fuzzy). At the end he was matter of fact and non-carrying! (A cold prickly).
One year ago my wife suffered a severe accident while working for Disney World in Florida. She has been confined a great deal to our Mobile Suites during her recovery. She was so excited when she saw the new Buffet that I was determined to get it for her. When I told her that it was a done deal and we should have it in a few months she was ecstatic. I finally had to break the bad news to her after Greg dashed all hope. Needless to say, she was visibly disappointed.
I was afraid when DRV sold out to Thor last year that the friendly, custom oriented company we once knew would disappear. Unfortunately, I was right. I can no longer recommend them to others because of our experience. I feel that DRV only cares about the all mighty dollar, not the individual who is spending it!

Old 02-16-2016, 04:44 PM   #2
GlennWest

DRV has in the past done some customization but with Heartland owning them they must make a profit. Customization is expensive. I suspect you would have been better served with a total custom built unit, such as New Horizons, Space Craft or Continental Coach.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:49 PM   #3
porkchop

Glenn, I don't think you read it very good. He's talking about remodeling a 2010 not buying a new unit

Bill
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:41 PM   #4
wingnut60
Site Team

Sad that you can't just buy parts--used to be easy to get things.
My shop is still waiting for seals to be shipped to them...about a month now.
Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 04:10 PM   #5
GlennWest

opps, sorry
Old 02-19-2016, 12:30 PM   #6
hitchup

I think in 2010, our upgrade was about $1300. But we had Paul Cross do it through his company at Indiana Interstate as we were leaving OH heading to another project.

If you don't want to drive that far, am sure there would be someone local that could do it by looking at photos.
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 07:14 PM   #7
porkchop

It's something that a good trim carpenter anywhere could do. Does not have to be an rv person. Probably better. Plus it won't be a weekend project anywhere. Find a place where you can be comfortable and out of the rig for awhile. You won't want to be inside while he is working anyway. Especially since you will probably be paying by the hour.

Bill

porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote