Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2019, 11:50 AM   #1
Dmcfarden

Trailair Triglide Lower Jaw Replacement - Not Happy

I posted this at the Suite Owners Site, but there's more traffic here, so:
I'm pretty much at my wits end with this issue.* We bought our 2012 TKSB3 with Vanity slide new in 2012 and pulled it with our 2011 3/4 ton short bed Ford F250 diesel for several years with pullrite auto- slider hitch.* It was nose high for sure and I attributed the chucking we experienced to that along with the undersized truck.* We bought a new 2017 Ford F350 DRW diesel truck, thinking that we'd like to do a lot more traveling down the road and wanting a more stable safe ride.* I bought a Curt Q24 which had good reviews and was rated for what we needed, even if we upgraded later.* It did sit lower but we were still nose high somewhat.* The chucking seemed worse with the new truck than what we had on the old F250.* Thinking the trailer needed to be raised, we added the Correct Track system which added 2" and now we're almost level, very close anyway.* Still no help with the chucking.* I read several posts about failed Triglides and even though mine hadn't failed, I contacted Lippert.* They sent a new stationary, lower jaw at no cost, which I replaced a couple weeks ago.* To be honest, I feel the chucking is worse and I'm tempted to put the Triglide back on the pin assembly.* The next step would be to purchase a new hitch, thinking maybe the Curt Q24 isn't as good as the reviews have mentioned.* I'm leaning toward the B&W 3305 25k hitch, but I'd hate to spend another $1,300 and have the same chucking problem.* I've been the to the scales to weigh, and the trailer weighs 17,500 and my pin weight including the hitch is 4,350 lbs or 24.8% of the trailer weight.* My wife is going nuts and ready to give it all up entirely.* I'd greatly appreciate any advice.

Tags
chucking, lower jaw, trailair, triglide