Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
SuiteShopping

Buying in eastern TX, which month for best inventory/price?

Shopping for USED full-timing 34' to 42' full-timer quality fifth-wheel which will stay in Texas and wonder if now (October) will tend to mean the best pricing time-of-year and the best selection....or will November or early December be better?

OPTIONAL DETAILS if you need them to answer:

I don't care about luxury per se but do want quality construction which will tend to reduce outside ambient noise. (So the same full-timer brands which tend to mean good insulation are probably what I need. I will probably select an Excel, Carriage, Nu-Wa, or DRV but possibly a Heartland or Newmar. [I rarely see a New Horizons but would consider it also.])

This will be full-time, all-season living for me (but very little time on the road) so I would like to emulate conventional stick-home living as much as that can be possible in a fifth-wheel---and highway handling, weight, and travel durability are not my priorities. [Indeed, I add whatever skirting and supplementary insulation and shade I need. Will probably add a permanent sun-shade structure after a while.]

So based upon the brands and tiers which are in my focus, what can you tell me about the timing of the used market for favorable price and generous inventory?
SuiteShopping is offline   Reply With Quote