Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2005, 10:21 AM   #1
nelsonraymond

Send a message via AIM to nelsonraymond
FYI MorRyd Independant Suspension

Hi to all
We just picked up our 36TK3 on 8/2. We had a 2004 36TK3 pretty much identical but it had the trail air system with the Magnum suspension. We tried to do everything possible to get a smooth ride and could not, inside the truck and the trailer. There is a nite and day difference with our new trailer the the MorRyde Independant, we also have the MorRyde Hitch. The ride in the truck seems to be very smooth and also the ride in the trailer. We were able to compare apples to apples because we drove the same route from the facory back to the Nashville area and there is some pretty rough stretches that our 2004 performed terribly.

The price difference is very little to the trail air from the way I understood it. Well worth it in our opinion.
Also FYI our Dry WT on the unit was 15600 and the sticker said 14654. It did have the two LP's full and had a maybe a hundred pounds of water. This is pretty heavy. It's a good 1000 # heavier than our 2004 and the only thing different is the 05 changes and the MorRyde Independant.( and that doesn't have axle system but it is good size units. Also the Hitch is different. We will be taking it accross the scales for an overall wt.and pin when we go for some repairs at the end of the month for our Appt. at Bankston. Should be interesting to see how it compares to the 04.

Janice and Nelson
36TK3 05
#2361 MorRyde Ind.

nelsonraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:37 AM   #2
Jimfla

I have had mor-ryde is on my last 3 trailers I think it is the best no maintainance no moving parts to wear fully independant you cant go wrong
Jim

Jimfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:54 AM   #3
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
>>We tried to do everything pssible to get a smooth ride and could not, inside the truck and the trailer. <<
Can you explain what was happening in the trailer that was showing you were not getting a smooth ride. We have the regular Mor-ride and things seem to ride GREAT.
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 06:41 AM   #4
rverdlm

I've also had MorRyde on my past three trailers. On the others I had it put on at the MorRyde factory after I had owned the trailer for a couple of years. I really didn't think I was having any big ride problems before installation and I had MorRyde put on because I wanted heavier axles and larger tires. The difference was dramatic! As an example; we all know when we cross rough RR track, the truck goes bump, bump, bump, bump, then the trailer goes bump, bump etc. Well after MorRyde the truck sill goes bump, but shockingly the trailer now just goes over the tracks with no bumps felt in the truck. If I could not have ordered the MS with MorRyde IS suspension, no matter how good everything else was, I would have gone elseware.
2005 Mobile Suites 38RL3 #2338
MorRyde IS 8K axles, LazyBoy recliners, LCD tv
Full time since '96
rverdlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:17 AM   #5
george in azle

I don't see the MorRyde IS as an option offered, instead see the RE system. Is it something the factory is just adding for you as requested?

What is the approximate cost of adding the IS system if you don't mind sharing the info?
george in azle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:14 AM   #6
rverdlm

In my case, yes. I asked and they said yes they could do it.
2005 Mobile Suites 38RL3 #2338
MorRyde IS 8K axles, LazyBoy recliners, LCD tv
Full time since '96
rverdlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:54 PM   #7
nelsonraymond

Send a message via AIM to nelsonraymond
Our 2004 started out as Triple axle and bounced everything inside all over, but the truck ride was smooth and I would like to add we had a MorRyde Hitch. Then the Factory converted our Triple to the double wheel Magnum and it had a very rough ride in the trailer, bouncing my dishes all over, the slides still moved in transit, my refrigerator was like a tossed salad with everything turned over. To top it off, then we had the worst truck ride we have ever had of the three 5vers we have owned. The only reason we considered sticking with MS and going to the 2005 was going to the MorRyde IS and giving it a try. We spoke to MorRyde and were convinced that this would solve the rough ride and bouncing and then spoke to the Factory about odering it with it on it. Maybe they should have it as an option because I think that if more 5vers knew how much of a difference it made they may opt for it. It may be that it is also more noticable on rigs that are have the 8000#axleS/U . It's like the Trail Air system, we have talked to MS owners who say they love it, but they are usually the ones with the lighter units, the ones with the Magnum suspensions we have heard complaints from, like porposing, bucking. ( even from drivers transporting them empty) There are so many variables too with all of this, wts., size of truck, pin wt. Fulltime, Part time.etc.
Hope this answers your question Stacy.
nelsonraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 06:45 PM   #8
NH2

We were the second trailer to have Mor-ryde IS installed on a Teton. Add us to the list of highly satisfied consumers. The mechanic at our dealership watched us go over a set of speed bumps. His report: the tires went up and down while the coach remained perfectly level. Our view: the less you twist a coach, the longer it will last.
NH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:29 PM   #9
sahlcrona

I ordered my Mobile Suites 36CK3 with the Mor-Ryde IS with the Magnum Shocks. Between the trailer suspension and the Easy Rider Air Hitch in the truck, the trailer does not bounce at all. We have flowers on the dining table and they have never come off the table. That includes driving through New York City on I-95.
Easy Rider Air Hitch
2005 Mobile Suites 36CK3 #2140
sahlcrona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:15 AM   #10
gkottner32

Good Morning Nelson
My name is Gary Kottner, we met at Lazy Acres RV park. We were unable to make it back to the park due to a hospital stay. I just wanted to say thanks again for all the info on the Mor/ryde IS axle. We just ordered our 36 TK3 Elite Suite equipped with the 20000 # system we discussed. After speaking with you, I read everything I could on the subject, I am convinced it's the way to go. Again, many thanks for takng the time to explain the system.
Our best to you and your wife.

Gary
F 350 King Ranch FX4 CC LB DRW with Tow Boss and Tow Command Systems
Garmin 2720 GPS
And Fearless the Fat Cat
gkottner32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:50 AM   #11
Maxy28

I really didn't think I was having any big ride problems before installation and I had MorRyde put on because I wanted heavier axles and larger tires. Many thanks for taking the time to explain the system.

__________________________________________________ _
classic cars for sale | Freightliner Trucks For Sale

Maxy28 is offline   Reply With Quote