Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
terry and jo

More Maintenance Information from Ryan Miller at DRV Suites

After Rick (yankeeflyer) on SOITC notifed us of the schematics for the entertainment systems, I asked him for copies, which I posted here. I also sent an e-mail to Ryan Miller asking if there were any schematics for later model DRV's.

Not only did he send me a schematic for 2009 for the entertainment center (at least for one page, anyway), he also sent me other maintenance information as well. So, I will share that information as well.

Again, if you are not seeing any files in this posting, remember that you have to be logged in to see them, let alone download them yourself.
Attached Files
File Type: doc pleated_shade_restringing_instructions_966.doc (24.5 KB, 68 views)
File Type: doc counter_top_repairs_136.doc (25.0 KB, 68 views)
File Type: pdf drv2009_schematic_196.pdf (337.5 KB, 61 views)

2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
terry and jo

Some more things Ryan sent to me.

There is one that is W-a-a-a-a-y too big to attach to a forum posting. It is roughly 4 meg in size. It is labeled, "2011 Guide to Your Remote Control Functions" and is related to the remote control that operates the hydraulic slides and front jacks and some lights. It is called the WOW system.

If any of you with appropriate (2011) units need it, you will need to send me a private message with your e-mail address so I can e-mail it to you. It speaks of which buttons operate which function and replacement of batteries. It also has spare FOB tips cards.

Since that remoted doesn't seem to be the same as the one that came with our 2010, I suspect that mostly 2011 owners might be interested in it. Also, it might very well be that your 2011 coaches had this in with your manuals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wiring2009-trailerlightsbrakeactuator_3__142.jpg (59.6 KB, 322 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf dw703wtroubleshootingguide_115.pdf (382.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: doc window_replacement_procedure_529.doc (25.0 KB, 53 views)

Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 04-29-2011, 04:48 AM   #3
yankeeflyer

Schematics

Nice job Terry and Jo! You done good! Thanks for the info,need a couple windows replaced in mine.
yankeeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
terry and jo

Rick,

Actually, it was Ryan Miller that did the most on this one. There were two documents that were jpg images and somewhat blurry. I "re-wrote" the information on them into Microsoft Word. That way, they came out clearer and if anyone needs to, they can increase the font sizes in Word.

While 5th Wheel Forums isn't set up with "categories" of topics like SOITC is, it would be nice if there were an area on the website where the information we get from DRV and other sources related to maintenance could be placed as a permanently located source.

To keep such a site from being cluttered up with unrelated (or even related) posts from participants, it would need to be arranged for us participants to send such "factory" information to the website administrator. Then he could insert the information in a way where we could download that information.

Now, having said all that, I have no problem with posting such maintenance information on the forum since there have been so many here who have been helpful to us over the last 3 years.

Thanks again to all.
Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 04-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
Motor31

Ask the admin for a "sticky" thread for maintenence references. They could be submitted to him for inclusion into the thread in order to keep spammers out of it. Good idea to keep it there rather than rely on a search for the entire category for the info.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #6
5thwheeler

Great Idea

Great Idea!
I'm having a hip replacement next week, so..........
when I get back to the computer in a week or so, I'll set something up
5thwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
terry and jo

First of all, here is hoping all goes well with the hip replacement. From what I have heard from others, you will need to work yourself (to some degree without overdoing it) in order to keep yourself flexible.

I talked with a gentleman one day that had a knee replacement. He was walking around a local festival just two weeks after the replacement. When I commented that he seemed to be getting around pretty good, he related the story of a sister who had the same procedure but didn't exercise, thus even a year later, she was still having problems and pain.

Pay attention to what they tell you about what kinds of chairs to sit in. I think they want those with hip replacements to sit only in chairs where you have a straight back and have to have the correct placement of your legs. (Now, having said all I have said, keep in mind that I have NOT had any hip (or knee) replacemens. So, what do I know?)

God be with you, Sir.
Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 05-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #8
terry and jo

After all the above postings that I had done, I sent another e-mail to Ryan Miller asking about the WOW remote manual for the 2010 model Suites. The reason I did so is because the "printout" that they had included with the other manuals of our 2010 was not real clear.

Ryan did some checking and today he sent me the pdf file for the 2010 models, which incidentally is in full color, making it easier to see the images of the document.

Again, being it is for the WOW remote, it is too large of a file for the forum, although it is not as large as the 2011 version. So, anyone who would like to have the 2010 WOW manual, let me know via private message and be sure to include your e-mail address so that I can send it to you that way.

Terry
Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 05-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
Motor31

Acronyms are nice but only if everyone knows what they stand for. You should spell out the term first then just use the acronym for the rest of the post.

There is more than one possible meaning to "WOW".
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #10
southwoods46

double post; sorry
Old 05-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #11
southwoods46

Mike:
Go back about 7 or 8 posts to Terry's entry re the DRV maintenance from Ryan Miller with diagrams and "WOW" is explained.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #12
terry and jo

Mike,

You have a very good point, and normally, I would have spelled out any acronym. However, the WOW System is the name and I couldn't find anything in the document (at least with a somewhat cursory reading) that signified what WOW stood for.

It is a remote system that I think was new on 2010 models and has continued. It is a remote that lets one stand outside (or inside if one wants to) and operate the level up cylinders, landing gear cylinders, lights and the slides.

I'm not sure that I care for it for the purpose of operating the slides. The one time that I used it for that, it didn't allow for operating one slide and then stopping. It operates all slides in sequence. I think we would prefer to have a spotter outside watching the slides extend and shouting if an obstruction is close.

Terry

Terry's Smugmug Site