Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
John Harrelson

Telivision Guide ?

Once upon a time the Sunday papers included a separate television guide that people kept all week, until the following Sunday's paper came out.

It showed the entire and complete listings of all the local and cable channels in my viewing area and their line-up for the coming week.

Then the paper started printing only the "Daytime" schedule ( 0600 to 2400 hrs)

And now only the "Evening" schedule is printed.. ( 1800 to 2400 hrs)

So I went to the grocery store to buy a "TV GUIDE" ... you know, the little book that list the 24 HOUR line-up of ALL the channels in my viewing area..

Well, guess what..... there is no such thing anymore ! !

Today's "TV GUIDE" is nothing but a thin "MAGAZINE" with 99% of it's content being advertisements and "behind the scenes" crap.... and it only shows the "Evening" line-up..

Needless to say, I no longer buy any newspaper or the TV Guide...

I have gotten used to "Channel Flipping" and therefore if TV Guide ever did decide to go back into business or the newspapers decided to once again print the whole and complete TV guide section, I doubt I would buy it anyway...

Those two entities have trained me to not rely on them for television information, so I don't..

Now where did I put that remote control .....hmmmnnnnnnn.... wonder if its too early for a beer ....... nahhhh.

John

Old 08-27-2006, 02:13 PM   #2
CampingCaptain

Send a message via AIM to CampingCaptain Send a message via Yahoo to CampingCaptain
John,

I'm still upset about TV Guide's changes. My current subscription runs out in May '07 and I won't be renewing it. After being used to the old format for most of my life, I am still not used to having to surf around the cable guide on TV to figure out what is on during the day. I'd like to meet the person who came up with the hare-brained idea that people don't need to know what is on during the day. It does seem typical of a situation when you have someone new take charge and feels like they need to make changes to justify their position and salary.

LOL! Do you want to know how I really feel?

Vietnam Era Veteran
Proud parents of a US Marine
Retiring in 2007 and planning to go full-time
CampingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:55 PM   #3
MDTdriver

TV Guide

My TV Guide is called. Word pogram in my computer. Find my Favortes in Drectv guide for local channels put them in Word, Print Good for the season. Iam going to start with Excel progrom next. The spreedsheet will be better for a TV Guide.

Larry & Kathy plus Meeko
Fulltime June 2000 SK#82498
Our Home is Where we Park IT
International 4700 Low Profile 530 power:Full Air Ride
Prowler Regal AX6 :Trail Air pin box/spring over axle: Verizon internet: 2 Verizon cell phone
MDTdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:47 PM   #4
CampingCaptain

Send a message via AIM to CampingCaptain Send a message via Yahoo to CampingCaptain
Thanks Larry for the info. We're planning to go the Direct TV route when we go full-time.
Vietnam Era Veteran
Proud parents of a US Marine
Retiring in 2007 and planning to go full-time
CampingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote