Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
Haggis

Disc Brake Pad Info

This was copied from WWW.etrailer.com

Availability of Disc Brake Pads for a Kodiak 250 Caliper on a Double Tree Fifth Wheel

Question:
I have a Double tree elite suite 5th wheel travel trailer with kodiak disc brakes. The caliper is marked Kodiak 250. What are the right ceramic pads for this caliper. The pads I took off are marked Kodiak D215. My trailer has 8,000 lb. axles.
asked by: Donald P

Reply:
The disc brake pads that we have for the Kodiak caliper that is marked 250 is the Kodiak Ceramic Brake Pads, part # K250CP, that you have referenced, or the Kodiak Semi-Metallic Brake Pads, part # K250SMP. These pads are for use on calipers that are rated for 7,000 lbs to 8,000 lbs. I would recommend the # K250CP ceramic brake pads.

The D215 number is the part number that is on the automotive brake pads that can be used in the Kodiak calipers. It can use the same disc brake pads as used on the front axle of the early 1980s and early 1990s GM FWD model vehicles.
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote