Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
BlueSkyRanch

Tampa RV Show 2012

The Tampa RV Show is right around the corner. Jan 11 - 15. Who's all going? We made reservations east of Tampa near Lakeland for the week.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
USA in a Chevrolet

We will be attending on Wednesday. We are staying 2 months in Brroksville. We really enjoy this show & the Hershey, Pa show.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
BlueSkyRanch

This will be our first visit to the Tampa show. I love the Hershey show. Been there several times. Next year I hope to make the Lexington show.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
The View 5046

This is our 3rd year being at the Tampa RV Show. Its worth the time just to take a look at the new RV's, Motor Homes, 5th wheels and really all types of RV's. We are in Avon Park Florida and want move the 5er, stay at the Comfort Inn just across the street and walk to the Fair Grounds.... Happy Trails....

P.S. We will be there on Thursday and Friday.....

2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 4 (SOLD)
Trailer Saver TS 3
Pressure Pro System (SOLD)
The View 5046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
AmericaChoiceRV

Come and see us in Tampa

We'll be there with the new 2013 Tradition and the Full House Toy Hauler.

http://www.americachoicerv.com/
AmericaChoiceRv.com is proud to be Florida's leading DRV Dealer. Please check out our website's DRV page or call us at 1-800-RVSales for any questions. We take all trade-ins, 2 consignment programs and have financing available.
AmericaChoiceRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:45 AM   #6
Cheif 2

We attend every year and usually stay across the street in the hotel, but this year we are going to use the truck camper and boondock in the parking lot Thursday night. They have a dry camping area just to the right of the paking area. Maybe we will run into a couple of you at the DRV display.
Gary & Penny
Old 01-07-2012, 11:59 PM   #7
Pat L.

Show

I will be there if nothing else to warn buyers about America Choice RV. :evil:
Pat L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:05 AM   #8
Cheif 2

You need to walk aronud with one of those sign boards. LOL!
Old 01-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #9
USA in a Chevrolet

Re: Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat L.
I will be there if nothing else to warn buyers about America Choice RV. :evil:
Did you buy from them & have a bad experience?
Old 01-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #10
Pat L.

Show

USA in a Chevrolet,
Yes we did and it was the worst of the worst. First thing Am.Choice had a sticker in the dining room window that it was a 2011. Found out at closing it was a 2010. Should have walked away then but they had a large non-refundable deposit, as pointed out be the F&I guy. In the beginning they "Bum Rushed" us from all sides with everyone that works there. After we walked out and continued out vacation we were called by everyone and begging to do business. After talking to Chad Olinger, East Dist Rep for DRV and Great man, we allowed them to send overnight contracts to our sons house in La. at Christmas time. Many phone calls and blood pressure meds we came to a deal. Signed contracts and overnighted them back. We were returning to our home in SW Fl. we stopped by to see the unit and get details. They still had the unit on the lot with the door open and showing it. No rugs to catch dirt. They were to have item repaired/ replaced and cleaned up but they were showing it. SWe came home and to return about 12 days later to swap out the two coaches. when we arrived they had not done a thing and were still showing it. Another couple was in the process of righting a contract on it. [Should have let them have it.] Stayed in their RV Park and waited for the installation of items. One item was a new 6 pnl. bedroom door that they installed upside down. [Small pnls to the bottom.] No PDI of any kind. They said that all systems were good to go. Stayed in their park for a few days and tried all equipment. The black water flush sys. had a hole in the water line and flooded the basement, so they had NOT tried all equipment. The list goes on and on to the point I could wright a book. I must say DRV HAS BENT OVER BACKWARDS TO MAKE IT RIGHT!!! They are the best. To bad that they have retained this lousy group to represent their product. We have axle issues, hub bearing issues and now heat pump, slide motor, interior lights, exterior finish and all windows are foggy. So this week it goes into a repair shop and DRV, Lippert, Dometic and the window company can deal with this stuff.
But I will be at the show to inform potential buyers that DRV is a great coach but be very careful on Americas Choice RV.
Sorry for the long post.
Pat L.
Pat L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #11
USA in a Chevrolet

I had a similar experience with the dealer I bought my Select from. They lied about doing the PDI. At least they lied about doing it properly. My black water flush had been hooked up backwards at the factory but the dealer claimed they had checked it & it was working fine. They never checked it because it would not work. There were several other lies, all made by the guy doing the PDI. These dealers use the least experienced person to do the PDI instead of a good tech. I must say that the Dealer gave me a good deal on the Select & was honest in every other way. The problem was their service department. I have not been back since. DRV went out of their way to fix everything on my Select. They made time for me at the factory & went beyond what I expected. Chad Olinger is a great guy.

My experiences with DRV were really positive which is why I feel so bad for the guy, I think it's Rotaxman, who has had such a bad time.
Choice posts anything further on this thread.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #12
Diesel-Gypsy

To answer the OP, I will be there, in dry-camp area Thurs. & Fri. nights.
I'm easy to spot.
Look forward to meeting some of you all.

Rick
Old 01-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #13
BlueSkyRanch

Went to the show today and had an awesome time. I looked at the new Tradition and Tow Hauler. The Tow Hauler was very nice with a moveable wall to enlarge the Tow area when needed or the living area. Nice feature. Lots of people looking at the suites and some were buying.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #14
BlueSkyRanch

I met a couple at the show today who own a 2005 MS and the gentleman said he has become an expert (actually I think she said that) anyway. An expert at rest restringing shades. He also said he reads the posts daily so I'm hoping he reads this. Could you contact me? I'm interested in talking more about restringing my shades. My email is masterson100@gmail.com

Thanks
Old 01-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #15
Diesel-Gypsy

Well, I visited the DRV booth, looked at the various offerings, talked to Dan Tauer, and got a chance to soak-in that 43 foot Dallas.
Wow....!
All stop...forget anything else, it's a beauty.
Start saving your moola everyone, because if there is anyway you can buy that baby you will. ($140K)
Loved it....I know, I'm gushing...sorry.

Rick