Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2005, 12:18 PM   #1
calliopeguy

Timbrens on 2005 F-250

Just wondering if anybody out there has installed Timbrens overload springs(?) on their 2005 F-250 4wd? The literature makes it look relatively but somehow those are the projects that turn in to more than I expected. Is it really that simple?
Ken

Compass 31KS3
Semper Fi
W0CSC

Alumascape 31SKT
Semper Fi
W0CSC
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:23 PM   #2
marspec

I did it on a 4X2. No problems except on one side the bolt wouldn't take. After talking to Timbins ran a thread chaser and die thru and they worked fine. They offered to send me another unit but I tried that first.

Actual installation was no problem. I didn't raise frame like instructions say so it was a little tight but doable.

marspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:39 PM   #3
GrizzFlyer

Installed a set on my 2005 F-250 4x4 last week. Piece of cake. Just remove the OEM bumper stops (yellow, hanging off the frame above and behind each rear wheel), assemble the Timbrens, and bolt them on. The hardest part on my intallation was removing the factory bump stops. They sprayed some undercoating on the frame and bolts and must have also used some type of Locktite-like material, they were a bear to turn off. Assemble the Timbrens BEFORE bolting the bracket to the frame, much easier. You'll have to figure out which of the three holes in the bracket to use to ensure that the Timbrens sit directly over the axle. The kit came with a large rubber spacer for each side, I didn't need them on my installation.

Before I installed them, the truck would sit down about 2.25 inches when I lowered the 5ver on it. With the Timbrens, it sat down only one inch. Side to side sway was eliminated too. Well worth the $154.95.
GrizzFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:41 AM   #4
MDTdriver

Take a look at the Dodge fourm there are several posts about what you are asking.
Fulltime June 2000 SK#82498
Our Home is Where we Park IT
International 4700 Low Profile 530 power:Full Air Ride
Prowler Regal AX6 :Trail Air pin box/spring over axle: Verizon internet: 2 Verizon cell phone
MDTdriver is offline   Reply With Quote