Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2015, 10:50 AM   #1
Bugcatcher

New to Forum

Hello everyone!
My wife and I have our house on the market and are going to go full-time! Don't really know much about whats involved yet so we are just kind of feeling our way along. Any advice or info offered would be greatly appreciated! We are leaning in the direction DRV in the 38 to 40 foot range. We have an F-250 Ford Diesel now that we pulled a Montana with, didn't have any problems. My understanding is that DRV's are heavier and that we should probably upgrade to a 1-ton. As I said any advice would be most welcome!
Thanks

Bugcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #2
Stevencoles

We have been running with a Ford F350 Super Duty Diesel DRW with long bed for about a year now with our DRV Mobile Suites Estates 38 RSB3, these things are heavy, you need something bigger than a 250 to haul it. We love our truck and have had no issues towing, the tow/haul mode does auto engine braking and we are getting around 11 mpg towing...amazing. Congrats on making the jump, we are coming up on our 1 year anniversary of this incredible lifestyle.

Stevencoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:01 PM   #3
Bugcatcher

Stevencoles,
We really like theRSBE floor plan also. As I have said our only concern is the counter space around the stove area. We really like the steps to the bedroom on the drivers side. Seems like it gives you more seclusion. Is there any problem watching the TV from the sofa?
Thanks
Tracy
Bugcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:49 AM   #4
Stevencoles

No problem watching the TV at all, the counter space around the stove is tight, we use te island for our prep work. We also got an electric induction burner that we use on the island when we need it, we rarely use the gas cooktop as most cooking is done outside.
Stevencoles is offline   Reply With Quote