Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2016, 02:40 PM   #1
JRtate

Montana 0 degree promise issues

I hope all that buy a Montana 5th wheel thinking that this unit will hold up in Sub-freezing temperatures reads this. We purchased a 2015 Montana 5th wheel and were bragged to by the salesmen several times about the 0 degree factor. Within 20 hours in sub-freezing weather in Colorado, my water lines froze inside the storage compartment. When everything thawed, the water pump was cracked. We were never told we had to keep the thermostat at 74 and if we were to do that we would roast inside the RV. When I opened the panel covering all of the water connections and water pump, I found a 4"x12" gap where I could see daylight around one of the landing Jacks. This gap was within 18" of all of my water lines. The salesmen don't educate the consumer on this and their promise only works under ideal conditions. If you plan to take a Montana to a cold weather environment, plan on having some issues and plan on putting a space heater in the storage compartment. I would like to see Montana take their 0 degree promise off of their products. It is misleading to the consumer. When I contacted the manufacturer, I was informed there are no guarantees below 32 degrees. Same old song and dance. The consumer is sold on one thing, but gets way less than promised.
JRtate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cold weather, keystone, montana