Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2016, 09:35 PM   #1
Eagle-eye

Microwave/Covection Oven

Came in tonight to an electrical burn smell. Quickly determined that the microwave was not working. Appears something inside is fried. I have a couple of questions. Does anyone know how to remove the oven. It's a GE Profile. Our RV is a 2008 Mobile Suite 36RSB3. Also If I have to replace it any suggestions on what to use. My Wife uses the convection over a lot so I would like to fine one that is similar to what we have and will fit in the same space.
Thanks
Dave

Eagle-eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:38 PM   #2
Joezilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-eye View Post
Came in tonight to an electrical burn smell. Quickly determined that the microwave was not working. Appears something inside is fried. I have a couple of questions. Does anyone know how to remove the oven. It's a GE Profile. Our RV is a 2008 Mobile Suite 36RSB3. Also If I have to replace it any suggestions on what to use. My Wife uses the convection over a lot so I would like to fine one that is similar to what we have and will fit in the same space.
Thanks
Dave
We replaced our GE Profile on our previous unit. We were lucky to find the last one Lowe's had at that particular store so it fit right in the same spot and everything.

Joe

Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:02 AM   #3
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
On my unit there is a wood face trim at the top that had two wood buttons, those had to be carefully pried out to expose the screws holding it in place. Then in the upper cabinets were the two remaining long screws that came down into the top of the microwave, holding it in place. Once those two screws were removed the MW would drop down and tilt as it was then held up in the back bottom edge by the mouting plate, just like in a home. We replaced the original MW with an Advantium, 3 way cooker. Microwave, convection and speed cooker. Little more money but my wife loved it, so we ended up buying the same units for the homes. Anything the same size as yours will fit back up into that space.
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:25 AM   #4
netjam

Doing the same replacement. Do you need to unscrew the vent from outside before trying to remove the oven?
Old 07-16-2016, 07:13 AM   #5
Eagle-eye

I replaced mine last night. Got the new one from Sears and it is similar to the one I had. I had to pry off the trim piece at the top as it was stapled (no screws). There was a long bracket mounted to the top of the Microwave which had 6 screws through it into a board which was connected to the ceiling. After removing those screws it just swung down. (It's heavy so make sure you have help) New one went in just like the old one. Bracket fit in the same holes on the new one and I used the old mounting plate on the wall. No, I didn't have to remove the vent from the outside.
Eagle-eye is offline   Reply With Quote