Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2006, 03:11 AM   #1
pattymills

Patty's New "Fire Lily" is Here!!

Greetings from Sisters, Oregon ~

Yep, that's right. I am not at Life on Wheels in Moscow. I am sitting in my driveway in my new "Fire Lily" who arrived this evening. My bronchitis got the better of me and I'm nursing high fevers, so a trip to Idaho for the week was beyond doable.

However, I don't feel one bit sorry for myself. "Fire Lily" is beyond my wildest dreams in beauty, function and comfort. I’m simply in awe. I’ve been sitting here for hours just absorbing how at home and comfortable I feel. For those of you who haven’t seen the Mobile Suites 38RL3, it is a MUST SEE! After all my Internet searching, I simply haven’t seen anything that compares to this floor plan for my tastes. It just doesn’t compare at all with “Ms. Lemonaide” (for those of you who know about my previous "lemon" saga) in amenities and storage, and I completely feel that I’ve been blessed with this second opportunity to get the home on wheels of my dreams!!

I'll be having some questions for you down the road ... three for now.

(1) Where do you hang your wet towels when you're done showering?

(2) How do you turn the fireplace on? Is it electric or gas?

(3) My carpet is filthy in the dining room where the slide comes over it with set-in black marks that didn't come up with vacuuming. How do you keep the bottoms of the slides clean so that the carpets don't get dirty? Even the kitchen floor has a bad black mark across it from the slide.

Thanks much!

Patty

pattymills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:46 AM   #2
cptxguys

Congratulations Patty on your new home!

We have a 36TK3 and absolutely love it. I hope someday to full time in a 38RL, but feel I also need a MDT to do so if we move all our belongins with us.

I can only answer your first question, as I don't have experience with the other two.

I installed matching nickel finshed towel bars on the back of the bathroom door for our wet towels. They work well with the A/C ventilation in the bathroom.

I've attached a picture so you can see them.

Best of luck with your new home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg towel__bar_861.jpg (106.3 KB, 226 views)

2007 Doubltree Elite Suite 36RS3 #3756
cptxguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:43 AM   #3
osiebosie

Patty,

Congrats!! Ain't life grand?

I can only answer your first question also. We just bought two very inexpensive over the door hooks and hung them over the washer/dryer/closet door. Perfect for dry and wet towels.

I wish I had gotten the fireplace. I, for some reason, think it is electric, and apparently it puts out quite a bit of heat in the winter. My dogs would have loved it. Oh, well.

Glad you're feeling better,

Sharon
SOITC Charter Member #2211
2005 36TK3 Mobile Suites
2005 Chevy Silverado Diesel 3500 1-ton dually Allison Transmission
2 gorgeous dogs: Katie Mae and Broadway

and now... A Handsome New Grandson, Temple, born 3/26/2007 and weighing in at 9 lbs 10 ozs!!
osiebosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:07 AM   #4
ponch

Send a message via AIM to ponch Send a message via MSN to ponch
Patty congratulations on your new home!!!

The fireplace is electric and you turn it on by lowering the top vent and pushing the switch on the right side to turn on the fire and the switch on the left is for heat. You do not have to use the heat if all you want is the looks.

Enjoy! We love ours.

Ponch
Mobile Suites 2005 36CK3 #2307 w/ auto levelers/ phase 2
Air Safe Hitch
HD TV in the basement and living room and bedroom
HD MOTO SAT Auto Ant on roof
pressure pro
ponch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:40 AM   #5
rverdlm

If the floor is dirty where the slide comes in the slide may need a slight adjustment. In a year of fulltiming and lots of day to day travel we have no marks on our floor.
2005 Mobile Suites 38RL3 #2338
MorRyde IS 8K axles, LazyBoy recliners, LCD tv
Full time since '96
rverdlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #6
SuiteWheels

Patty, we bought two towel racks from Home Depot and put one on the
inside of washer/dryer door and one inside potty door...got them at
Home Depot in the nickle finish that match the fausets but learned
later that Wal-Mart has the same just a tad smaller but at least $10
cheaper!

Fireplace is electric but we haven't used our yet....with temps
ranging 100 outside here in CA.! lol But we tried it out in AZ. and
it looks beautiful and real!

Our 38er doesn't have the black marks I've heard so much about, at
least on the carpet (thank goodness) but did get a little on the
kitchen floor and I put just a little liquid clorex on a wet paper
towel and marks came right up but wouldn't do that on carpet!

Congrats again on your Fire Lily....we love our Fire Lily too!
SuiteWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:03 AM   #7
Motor31

I have to ditto the over the dorr towel rack. We have ours set in the washer drier closet rather than the commode room. We also got a clear plastic suction cup towel holder that is stuck to the shower glass next to the sink, it came from wallyworld. That holds my towel while Nancy uses the one on the side of the sink cabinet.

The slides should not be making streaks on the carpet or linoleum. Take it back to the dealer and let them reset the slide clearance or it will ruin both areas. The kitchen slide can tear up the linoleum if it continues to rub on it.

No fireplace here as we wanted the storage space and I use the desk very frequently for computer purposes.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:01 PM   #8
hitchup

It will take you a few months to realize just how nice a unit you really have. Especially since the previous one is still fresh in your mind.
Fireplace is nice because it can be used with or without heater. But it wasn't put on a separate breaker in the 36TK3, so it can trip breaker when TV, coffee maker (use ours for toaster oven) are both on with fireplace. It may be wired differently in the 38RL3.
We put a double hook inside toilet room to hang towels or nightgowns. Then a double towel rack on inside of washer/dryer door. Heat from dryer dries towels faster. Nickel finish is easy to find. The Elites dark copper are a little more difficult, but did find Lowe's carries a close match. Replaced the bathroom faucet with a taller one with a spout that sticks out further.
After being in a B&B last week in Maine, we just added a wall mount magnifying flip mirror to side of the vanity cabinet. It's in the nickel matte that matches the shower.
Am still working on a fix for keeping vanity mirrored doors closed in transit. They used residential style with magnetic latches that don't hold while in motion. DH has moved one of the latches because it wasn't centered & barely connected to metal. Will remove everything from cabiner, but think we may tape mirrors together this trip to make sure they hold. MS models are different than the ES, so you shouldn't have a problem with yours.
Black rubber streaks will come off with any carpet cleaner, but would also advise having them looked at. We asked our dealer about slides & he said they were right on, but don't seem to be now. We only have one trouble spot so far. Knock on wood with crossed fingers.
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:11 PM   #9
bstark

Patty:

I recommend a product called Folex sold by any number of stores in the U.S. and Canadian Tire here in Canada. This product was demonstrated to us by a person with a 36TK3 who had been using it for years.

Folex www.folex.net is petroleum free and is non-toxic and even a non-irritant. Folex can be used on any fabric that can stand water. You can work the stuff into the carpet with your fingers and blot with paper towels or go whole-hog and use the neighbour's wet-vac. We travel with a "Little Green Machine" by Bissel in the belly of our beast because we had the same trouble with slideouts marking carpets in our previous trailer.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #10
billr

Congrats Patty on the new 38! Sounds very nice indeed!

I have to ditto all the previous posters on your questions.

We too have marks on the carpet and wear marks as well. Our unit had a year of show and dealer lot uses before we got it. They did re-adjust our slide, but it still isn't just right. Get it done soon before it damages the flooring.

Have the dealer give you some teflon strips (they are about 8" wide and about 4' long) place them under where the door slide comes in on each end to protect the floor. I know we shouldn't have to do this, but you gotta do what you gotta to get though. Our dealer gave them to us

Good luck and most of all enjoy your new unit!

Cheers,
Bill
05 M/S 38RL3 #2046
01 Volvo VNL770
05 Smart Passion Loaded piggyback
https://picasaweb.google.com/billandjoan
Weigh-It Portable RV Scales
https://www.weighitrv.com
billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:49 PM   #11
CherriandBob

Patty
Congrats on your new unit! Hope you are through with the lemonade path. We don't have any problems with the black marks, but I have found that Shout does a pretty good job as a carpet cleaner.
For towel racks we put a tension rod in closet with the washer/dryer and one along the long wall over the window in the bathroom. Plus we added a towel rack from walmart to the wall opposite the toilet. I still would like to figure out another one around the vanity, but maybe after we spend a little more time in our unit. Good luck with your MS. Happy camping.

Bob and Cherri
SOITC Charter Member #2730
Central Division
2006 38RL3
2004 Freightliner M2
robertsqualityrv.com
Enjoy life...Keep it simple
CherriandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:53 PM   #12
berghild

Send a message via AIM to berghild
for the slide out (and in) problems...i have had them for years on Alumascape (our TK# is on order). there is product called slide out slicker. I have seen them at some RV parts stores and our local guy said he could order them for me....they are 34 dollars a pair.
the slide out rides on these. to me they kind of looked like those roll up cutting boards that you can chop and then deposit the end product in the pot.....only the material looks thicker. I thought about cutting one of those desk chair mats into strip and using that. OR maybe there is a material at Lowes that would be similar. One thing about the desk mat is that it has those little gripper things on the bottom that would keep it from sliding side to side.
I'm going to have it figured out by the time we take delivery. Scrubbing those streaks is a pain in the butt. My carpet looks great and it hasn't damaged it but I hate it.

EDGE CHIP,exhaust brake,ATS tranny, ATS turbo, AFE sir filter
ETC
2008 36TK3 ES3917/no granite
berghild is offline   Reply With Quote