Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
audreyg

How to contact other DRV owners?

I have seen a M.S. go by my road several times in the last few months. Does anybody know a way to find out where another M.S. is located? Not everyone has their location on this forum and to look at each member profile would take quite a while. Maybe some sort of MVA search? Or maybe contact DRV direct? Thanks.

2010 36TKSB3 #5245
2007 GMC 3500 classic D/A
Southern Maryland
audreyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
terry and jo

Now, I'm really going to go out on a limb in an answer to your question, but unless the moderators or administrator can provide the names of those who have signed up as being in Maryland, I doubt there is a way to find them.

That is presuming that they have even signed up with any of the forums and are known to any moderator or administrator. I would think you would have a better chance of getting them to stop and ask them when they drive past your place.

That doesn't answer your question, but it may give an idea of the difficulty of finding that information. I don't remember what information was asked when I signed up for Fifth Wheel Forums and SOITC. Likely, not all have requests for state of origin. So, even if they are signed up on one of the forums, there is no guarantee that they have listed their state of residence.

Terry

2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
5thwheeler

From the Suite Owners International Travel Club

"The SOITC membership directory contains the contact information for all members who have given us permission to share their details by signing the privacy statement on membership and renewal application forms.

Listings for those who have not given permission to share their contact information are limited to their name, state, membership number and suite description. If your contact information is not included in the directory and you would like it included or if your information is included and you would prefer it not be included, please contact the club's Treasurer at treasurer@suitesowners.com to clarify your privacy preferences.

Any member in good standing may receive a current membership directory up to twice each year. The directory is updated periodically as new members join the club and is sorted alphabetically by last names. Please note the directory is being distributed in electronic form only (as a PDF file) at this time (a limited number of printed directories may be available at annual or regional rallies for those members who do not have access to the Internet).

The directory file will be sent as an attachment to a reply to your request.

Your Board of Directors takes protection of members' privacy very seriously and we will do everything in our powers to assure that individual members do the same.

Should you open the reply from other than your own computer (such as one at a library or a campground), please do not download the directory file to that computer - Print it instead and then be sure to take it with you.

Webmail users will likely be unable to use the form's Submit button - instead use your webmail to directly attach the request form.

To request a copy of the directory, e-mail the Membership Directory Request Form (PDF 30kb) to treasurer@suitesowners.com. "

I have not included the request form. It is available on the SOITC website. http://www.suitesowners.com/club/directoryrequst.shtml

Please Note: Anyone can request a membership list, BUT you must be a SOITC member to receive a list.
5thwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
Motor31

One way is to simply start a thread saying where you are and asking if there are any in your area. I am not all that concerned about saying where I am but since we do move, I also don't keep a"running commentary" about our travels. Currently in Tucson right now. Come March, who knows.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #5
audreyg

I had thought about starting a thread asking for members in my area to share experiences, tips, etc. I guess it's worth a try.
2010 36TKSB3 #5245
2007 GMC 3500 classic D/A
Southern Maryland
audreyg is offline   Reply With Quote