Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #1
jtm62942

09 Elite Window Silks

Would appreciate anybody sharing their opinions or experience with the care, maintenance, & cleaning of the window silks on the frame less windows? How do you like them overall? I'm trying to decide between the Suite & Elite models and am not very familiar with this feature,

jtm62942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:28 AM   #2
2blackdogs

My 06 36tk3 did not have them and I ordered from factory and installed myself. They look great from the outside and from the inside look OK most of the time but when it rains the drops collect on them and you do not see out. I have to clean mine with a window cleaner and use a brush to scrub them in order to get them clean.
Would I do it again, maybe not but I like the way they look and have had many positive comments about them.
BTW, I looked at the 09 models at the Tampa show and did not like the silkscreen trim job on the edge of the frameless windows and I certainly would not want it on the big back window because of the rain issue already mentioned.
All this is JMO.
Bob

Trailer Saver hitch
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST
2blackdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
hitchup

We had the silks on our 2006 Elite Suite and thought they were really attractive from the outside. The rain drops can cause spotting problems if CG won't let you wash your unit. And they were nice for extra privacy.

But we decided that we would go with the Mobile Suite this time for multiple reasons. Bottom line was lower to take an MS and upgrade, than take an ES and downgrade features. I also prefer many of MS standards, such as stainless appliances vs black. We did add the Elite fiberglass roof for an additional cost and the 38' had larger tires and suspension to get 20k GVWR (but we had to insist).

I missed my Elite for a long time. It still looked great even after 2 1/2 years FTing. Even our salesman said so. We are really happy in our new MS. This floorplan works out great for the two of us. Even with lots of company this winter.
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
jdwilson3

We ordered our 06 with the Window Silks. We love 'em and would order another with them.