Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
duggerinc

new member and 5th wheeler.

Hi everyone! I am new to this site and new to a 5th wheel. I have givin this years of thought before making the move. I am certain I will be happy in a 5th wheel, and can't wait to get into my 5th wheel. (Less than a week left!) I purchased an older model terry tahoe made by fleetwood I think. I have found answers to a lot of questions I have had while researching this rv niche. The big question I have is concerning my hitch connection. I have a 3/4 ton flatbed, and with all the hop ups I have done to it will pull my 5th wheel with no problem. I didn't want the whole fifth wheel thing on my bed so after a bit of reading found a 5th wheel to gooseneck adapter. From what I have read, it seems to be a reasonable solution to my dilemma. Have any of you used one? what are your findings? any info would help as I have just a few days left to make a decision and purchase one orget to work on installing the 5th wheel slide. thanks

duggerinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:13 AM   #2
BlueSkyRanch

Welcome to our group and Happy New Year.

I have driven 5th Wheels with a goose neck and they seam to pull without any problems. The ride was a little rough as it is with most goose neck hook ups. It sounds like the best application for you and you can transfer the goose neck adapter to your next trailer as well.

I am sure others will reply with some good feedback as soon as they wake up and clear their heads from New Years Eve celebrations.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #3
GaryT

Hi folks, I too am new here but have had 2 other 5ers but never really travelled in them. I just bought a 2002 Sunnybrook 31ft and am about to go fulltime. I have a 2006 F250 and already had a gooseneck hitch in it for pulling my other tarilers with it so I bought an adapter. Have heard great things and horror stories about it but I guess I will soon find out.
Gary :shock:
GaryT is offline   Reply With Quote