Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2016, 09:09 PM   #1
pterrydactyl

Black tank confusion

I have a Cougar 327RES . It has 2 tank level indicators ; Black 1 and Black 2. The Black 2 tank has never registered a level other than "E". There are 2 levers; Black Tank and Black Tank. Not 1and/or 2. When I pull the BT right handle it drains but opening BT left handle nothing drains. Keystone says BT is 38 gals.
Any idea why I have 2 levers that say Black Tank? Why only 1 of the indicator lights, Black 1 works and Black 2 never gives a level other tha "E"thanks for any help,
Terry

Cross posted in Keystone forum.

pterrydactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:01 PM   #2
wingnut60
Site Team

Sometimes, logic needs to be applied to these type situations: Do you have the opportunity to drain EVERYTHING and then leave only one black valve open and see what toilet/faucet generates flow at that drain? Simple procedure. Can do this for each and every valve and see where the flow comes from in the trailer....???? Then just re-label the valves.
Do you have a grey tank valve? Does it work normal?

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:57 PM   #3
pterrydactyl

I think I will wait until I get home in a month. I'll try some food coloring in the shower and sink drains to see what happens. Maybe red in the toilet and just really fill it up. Maybe the first tank overflows into the second. Will also do the kitchen sink with green. I'll work it out though. Will let u know after I done it.
I need a few things done so will talk to the guys at the rv repair and see what they suggest.
Thanks
Old 10-22-2016, 02:19 PM   #4
pterrydactyl

Solved!

Family took showers today. No sewer connection where we are . Man is coming around draining holding tanks. He will drain mine. I pull right black water tank. Out come sewage. I open left tank out come gray water-it's for the shower! I'll relabel it as soon as I get home. Yippee!