Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2005, 03:15 PM   #1
5thwheeler

SeeLevel II tank monitoring system Install/Review

We just completed our install of the Seelevel II tank monitoring system from Garnet Technologies www.rvgauge.com. You can access the review from the main page under Product Reviews or by clicking on the following link
http://www.5thwheelforums.com/seelevel.html

The install was very easy for the average do-it-yourselfer with common hand tools. We elected to solder all the connections for a trouble free system which added somewhat to the time but the total install took us almost 5 hours - the bulk of which was used removing/re-installing the enclosed underbelly in our Wildcat 29BHBP.

Overall this is a great system with external sensors that read 0-100% - no more dirty sensors or Empty 1/4, 2/3, Full indicators.

5thwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:40 AM   #2
4Kings

Model number?

Can you tell me the exact model number of the SeeLevel gauge you used. I know it's a 709 but after looking at the Garnet www there are several iterations of the 709.

Thanks

Old 05-11-2005, 10:38 AM   #3
Cougaram

After looking at your wiring schematic how does the unit know which tank is which?Do you calibrate it or what?
Cougaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:43 AM   #4
5thwheeler

4kings - the Exact Model is 709P-4
this is from the email I had with Don at Garnet.
"It was a 709P-4, which is code for 709 with water pump switch and 4 tank senders."
Old 05-11-2005, 10:55 AM   #5
5thwheeler

Cougarram - each sending unit is "programed" by cutting select tabs located on the top of each unit.
I'll attach a scan from the install manual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sendingunits_194.jpg (64.9 KB, 226 views)
Old 06-01-2005, 03:05 PM   #6
5thwheeler

I'm please to report that this system was trouble free after our first long weekend out. The Wildcat was setup for 5 days and it was nice to be able to see and accurate reading of all the tanks. Even with a trouble free cheap factory installed system we were always wondering what exactly 2/3 really meant - was it just below the full sensor or right on the 2/3 sensor? This could mean as much as 10-15 gallond difference depending on how the factory sensors were mounted.
Now 72 percent is just that, the tank is 72 percent full - period.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:24 PM   #7
boondocker

Thanks 5thwheelforums.com for turning me onto this product.
I just got it installed, what a breeze! My only regret is that I didn't install it earlier.
boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:28 PM   #8
Wellfooled

Just installed my SeeLevel 709-4P and I'm having a problem. Everything works just fine until I hook up to shore power, then the system shows a short at all sensors. The tech guy at RVgauge thinks the converter is taking the battery out of the loop somehow, but my volt meter shows that isn't the case. I've rewired just about every way I can think of, and even tried running a set of wires directly from the battery to the sensors, which worked. But the normal setup isn't working. And yes, the old gauges worked fine. Any suggestions?
Wellfooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:24 PM   #9
5thwheeler

I would request a manual for the converter and double check thats its installed correctly. If a wire directly from the battery to the sensors works then the converter must be removing 12VDC.