Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
audreyg

Pledge Multi-purpose

I have been looking for a waterless cleaner that is basically spray on and wipe off. Then I could re-apply 303 protectant. Primarily this would be done in the campfround where you can't wash the camper. Has anyone used this Pledge before on exterior surfaces like the MS. How did it work? I can't find a MSDS sheet for to tell whats it's made of. Thanks.

2010 36TKSB3 #5245
2007 GMC 3500 classic D/A
Southern Maryland
audreyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
morscuba

Never used the pledge. But in the Keys (where washing is a no-no) I and most other folks use fabric softner dryer sheets for the bugs and baked on crud then gell-gloss (kinda pricey) to make it polish up. Then if you have enough energy a good coat of wax..

Old 11-14-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
Huck

Send a message via ICQ to Huck
I have seen a lot of people use pledge on there motorcycles to clean and polish. I don't know why it wouldn't work on a suite.
2005 RE3 MS #2163
2006 F-350 CC 4X4
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
matsonelite69

I read to use Pam Cooking spray, I have used it for 3yrs and the bugs and grime wash right off. The good news is at Campgrounds where u cant wash it comes right off when it rains. So far no issues and pretty cheap.
matsonelite69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #5
JOHN EVANS

I was introduced to a product a few years back called the Solution. I was impressed with it and use it on my trucks car and Suites. Iwas so impressed with it that i became a dealer for it and Piranha holding tank treatment.Suites looks good holding tanks are always clean. :D
JOHN EVANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:11 PM   #6
rdunk

Waterless cleaner??????? I don't think so!!!!!

Most RV parks that won't let you "wash" the RV, will let one "wipe" the RV with a wet rag. Soooooooooooo - try this, which I learned first-hand from another MS owner. With this approach, only a small amount of water is used, there is no over spray to bother the neighbors, and there is no water running down the street. And, many of you probably know this already! The MS owner I learned this from had a several years old white tow vehicle. He said that his truck had never been cleaned with anything but water and microfiber towel - his truck still looked brand new!

!. Get a bucket, and a good microfiber towel.

2. Fill the bucket with water, and wet the towel.

3. Hand wring-out the towel pretty good.

4. Start "wiping"!

5. You will know when the towel needs to be rinsed out/cleaned in the bucket of water - do that, wring it out, and keep wiping.

6. When the water in the bucket gets dirty, pour it out and refill the bucket.

7. You will be surprised how good this process works on the bugs.

Yes, if you haven't used this approach before, I will bet that you will be pleasantly surprised just how good this simple process cleans. It works just as well on the tow vehicle as on the RV. Just the wet microfiber towel is the best thing I have ever used for this type of cleaning. Also works great on windows, mirrors, chrome, bugs, and wheels.

Just a note - all microfiber towels are not created equal. The better ones (and a little more costly) generally have a higher percentage of the microfiber element, and are generally thicker. Costco does sell a big bundle of big yellow microfiber towels that are good - but the microfiber towels are available most everywhere.

Of course, if you have mud caked on the vehicle from some of your "off-roading", then you will have to take that tow vehicle to the carwash!!! :) :) :)

Good luck, and if you try it, let us know how it works for you!!!

Robert
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:32 AM   #7
keithandpenne

We are in "The Palms RV Park" in Aransas Pass, Tx. They want people to wash their RV and Tow vehicles as all excess water flows onto the St Augustine grass and helps water it. They have sprinkler systems installed at all sites and let the guests water their lawns. They have two water systems, the city water for house use and a well and pressure system for sprinkler and rig washing. Many people hose off their site a couple times a week or more.

I tried the dryer sheets and found they left scratch and swirl marks. Most of the time, I just wash and wax using the micro fiber towels which does reduce the "work" of the project.
2005 36TK3 #1855
2008 F450 CC Lariat
keithandpenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:55 AM   #8
keveenl

Hi there, Above posts are so old any new updates... :roll:
Old 05-18-2011, 08:59 AM   #9
terry and jo

keveenl,

Over on the SOITC website there is this thread. They are talking about using Protectall. You might read through it to see if any of it is helpful.

http://www.suitesowners.com/forums/s...954-clearcoats
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #10
JOHN EVANS

rdunk hate to tell you this but yes there is a true waterless wash. I use it with great sucess,spray it on wipe it off very simple, even a dumb old retired commerical diver like myself can use it.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #11
hitchup

We hadn't been able to wash our unit since last summer because we've only been in CG's that won't allow even a Mobile Detailer.

I had ordered Dri-Wash-Guard from Amazon delivered to the CG last June. But had only used it on an occasionally spot. A couple of weeks ago, on a nice sunny afternoon, we managed to wash the whole unit with the exception of the roof. What a difference, especially on the rear with CG dust and road grime streaks.

http://www.amazon.com/Dri-Wash-Guard...5814707&sr=1-5
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
rdunk

Quote: "rdunk hate to tell you this but yes there is a true waterless wash. I use it with great sucess,spray it on wipe it off very simple, even a dumb old retired commerical diver like myself can use it".
.................................................. ......................................
Well John, "waterless" (to me) means dry or not wet. It sounds like what you are using is preeeeeety wet! Shoot, there are lots of products that can be sprayed on and wiped off, including stuff like Windex.

But what I suggested above doesn't cost anything, except for the microfiber towels, and there is nothing to spray on. Just wet the microfiber towel with water, wring it out, and wipe to your hearts content. :)

John, if you will just try this on your truck, you will see how well this simple method really cleans!!!! It works equally well on the RV!

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
Old 05-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #13
JOHN EVANS

redunk i cant get wax protection with water and a microfiber towel
Old 05-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #14
Motor31

Neither does he, that's what wax and applicators are for. Most do not require water to be used either.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #15
JOHN EVANS

with the Solution i get a clean and waxed rv or truck www.super-seal .com
Old 05-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #16
rdunk

When we had the RV, if it needed to be cleaned, I wiped-washed it as I detailed. If it needed waxing, I wouldn't even think about using the market products described as cleaners +wax on our Suites, I never used anything but a real wax that was formulated to do what a wax is supposed to do.

To each his own, I guess! Some people even "wax" their vehicles at a car wash, with the spraying wand! lol

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)