Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2009, 12:48 AM   #1
Texas 250

condensation coming out lcd lights

This weekend while running one of my a/c on auto, I notice condensation dripping out one of my lcd lights in my living room. I pulled the light down from the padded ceiling and looked up in that 1 1/2 hole and notice condensation dripping from the bottum of the a/c duct. Both a/c are at the back of my 2007 unit, the only thing I can figure is that the high humidity in the air and low air flow from the unit caused condensation to build up on the duct work and drip down onto the top of the padded ceiling untill it came out the closest opening. There was not that much condensation, just enough to damp a papertowel. When I pulled the lightfixture down and turn the a/c off auto on to high it cleared up. My issue is this has never happen before , down here in Texas we have high humidity days most of the time. Has anybody ever had this problem before.

2001/F250/loaded
2007/RS3/loaded

Texas 250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #2
BobW

You mean LED lights. I would think if you have water in the lights, you have a leak coming from the air conditioner. You need to take the AC apart on the roof and find the water leak and also the AC is vented so the water goes outside. That may be plugged or positioned incorrectly. Pop the top off and it should be easy to find.

2007 M2 Freightliner
2005 Wrangler
In a land of the blind, the one eyed guy is king.
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
Texas 250

Bob, you are correct, it is led not lcd, that is what happens when you get older (ha,ha). The first thing I did was to go up on the roof and make sure the condensation was coming out of the a/c where it supposed to. I followed the condensation trail down the roof and it never ran into a mounting support bracket which would be caulked. The trail of condensation ran down a non-compromised part of the roofing. I talked to my dealer and he said that there have been alot of issues concerning condensation on the ductwork in the attic. He says that low air volume and high humidity will cause condensation on the outside of the ductwork. I have never heard of this before and I have had several units. This is why I am asking if this situation has happened to anyone else. The only other possibility that I can think of is that when they cut a round opening in the main ductwork to install the vents, that they didn't seal it properly with caulking and cold air is entering in the hot attic causing a condensation problem on the bottom of the ductwork. This situation would cause cold air to blow out into your attic. We have had this unit for 3 years and this is the first time that we have had this issue.

2001/LariatF250/loaded
2007/RS3/loaded
Old 05-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
Texas 250

Bob, you are correct, it is led not lcd, that is what happens when you get older (ha,ha). The first thing I did was to go up on the roof and make sure the condensation was coming out of the a/c where it supposed to. I followed the condensation trail down the roof and it never ran into a mounting support bracket which would be caulked. The trail of condensation ran down a non-compromised part of the roofing. I talked to my dealer and he said that there have been alot of issues concerning condensation on the ductwork in the attic. He says that low air volume and high humidity will cause condensation on the outside of the ductwork. I have never heard of this before and I have had several units. This is why I am asking if this situation has happened to anyone else. The only other possibility that I can think of is that when they cut a round opening in the main ductwork to install the vents, that they didn't seal it properly with caulking and cold air is entering in the hot attic causing a condensation problem on the bottom of the ductwork. This situation would cause cold air to blow out into your attic. We have had this unit for 3 years and this is the first time that we have had this issue.

2001/LariatF250/loaded
2007/RS3/loaded