Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
Beachgirl

The 'Eagle' Has Landed!

We brought our new 2011 38 RSSB3 home! We are still so excited and thrilled. We spent a week in it between picking it up and visiting the Smokies.

So now with a little experience in it, here's the few minor things I would do different:

1. Add an outlet to the left of the table above the buffet. There is one on the right.

2. Add a shelf to the lower cabinet to the right of the fireplace. (Our dealer did it for me, but it's not as nice as factory would have been)

3. Move the outlet on the outside center of the island further left as you are facing the stove.

4. Add rope lighting under the steps- there's already a notch for it!

5. Build slotted shelving on the upper left entertainment cab to hold laptops. Here's what I am doing aftermarket:
http://www.amazon.com/Richards-Mediu...0812322&sr=8-2

6. We did the queen bed. There was room on the right hand side to make that night stand 3" wider.

7. Drop the appliance garage down 3". That would give you clearance room if you wanted to leave a can opener plugged in, ready to use. Instead, we had the dealer install the roll out tray upside down!

Here's the mods I am so glad I did!:

1. Added 2 adjustable shelves to the island end cabinet on the living room side.

2. Had doors/shelves installed under that appliance garage instead of drawers. Did the same to the lower left of the stove.

3. Deleted oven and have drawers there instead.

4. Deleted carpet in hall outside bath. What a high traffic area!

Hope this is useful.We are so thrilled with this coach!

Beachgirl
Beachgirl is offline   Reply With Quote