Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Forums Community Discussions > New Member Intros
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-20-2023, 05:43 PM   #1
GL&DB

Question How do these RV Models compare to each other?

Looking for advice. We want a 5th wheel under 35' for all-season RV'ing with the ability to boondock. These are the ones we have found that fits our desired floor plan and other requirements:[LIST][*]Keystone Montana High Country 295RL[*]Alliance Paradigm 310RL[*]Solitude Grand Design 310GK[*]Durango KZ D301RTL[*]Coachman Chaparral 298RLS

We are concerned about purchasing 2020, 2021 and potentially early 2022 RVs. We wanted to purchase used, but are having trouble finding any of these models that are NOT 2020, 2021, 2022 in the used category.

If you have any experience with any of these models, we would love to hear from you.

Gay Lynn

PS: We have a GMC 2500 Denali to pull these trailers

GL&DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 08:55 PM   #2
fjr vfr

It's hard for anyone to answer the question. It comes down to personal choices as to which one fits your needs.
I'll use our case as an example. We cross the country a couple times per year and often stay overnight along the way. it was important for us to have a trailer we could access most everything without having to put out a slide. Our trailer is a 2011 Laredo 265rl, 30 feet long. It has one big slide and when in we can access the stove, fridg, bedroom, bath, etc. And since the tv is in the corner it is not blocked by the slide. We have the couch and dinette both available while traveling. It's pretty comfortable even with the slide in.
Those things may no be important for you? If I were you I'd make a list of the things that are a must along side the would like to haves and compare the list to each trailer.

fjr vfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 05:24 PM   #3
OlympicFox

As fjr vfr pointed out, the real answer depends on your personal priorities.

Our priorities includes such things as 2 slides (no 3rd slide), unrestricted access to galley and bathroom with slides retracted, access to bedroom with bed slide out only a few inches, excellent service access everything, superior storage, genset & 2nd AC.
OlympicFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 06:42 PM   #4
Gamma

Your mostly at the high end with the exception of the Montana High Country. As I have just spent over a month and over a dozen dealer / private sale visits I want to bring to your attention the Keystone Alpine (which is what I purchased). It’s more luxury and quality than the HC, right in line with solitude and paradigm. The wide body and drop frame make for a great size RV. Good luck shopping, it took me a while but finally found what I wanted.
Gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 11:22 PM   #5
pacbond

Four season RV

Hi Gaye,
We are about to list our RV on RV Trader. It is a 2007 Mobil Suites 32TK3. We have used it for boondocking and four season in inclimate climates without difficulty. We can send you the details once we complete the description. If you are interested, our Email address is pacbond17@msn.com.
Cliff
pacbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 11:26 AM   #6
440scout!

Lots of good advice in the above responses. Here's something that may not have been mentioned. Hopefully your 2500 has enough payload capacity to handle the pin weight of those relatively heavy 5th wheels. If your truck has the gasoline engine, probably, but if its a diesel maybe not. Look for the yellow and white sticker on the driver's door frame. It states that the combined weight of passengers and cargo must not exceed #### pounds. Although many people's 5th wheels are a few hundred pounds over payload capacity, they don't report issues.

440scout! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best year to buy, buying, comparison