Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
Jack in Alaska

Bedroom Slide Hanging up going out???

2004 MS, 33', RE3..........my bedroom slide (electric) hangs up when about halfway out. It is catching on the front side (nearest the RV front). A little pushing/wiggling, by me while wife runs the switch, on that side gets it going and then goes all the way out. It retracts fine.
I have looked at all of the surrounding seals and the underside and it all looks just fine. The underside white board is perfect, teflon blocks are in place etc.
What supports the slide itself on the foot end of the bed.?? Are there teflon blocks there also or does it just slide on the carpeting??
The MS is in storage in Wash. state, I am in Alaska so I do not have the opportunity to mess with it. I thought about sliding apiece of 1/4" teflon board under that side to provide a smooth surface to slide on.
We will be together again in mid-Oct. Then on to Az. for the winter.

Any ideas from you MS owners???

Start Out Each Day Real Easy.......Then Taper Off
Jack in Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
Jack in Alaska

Slide repaired

I drove down from Alaska and am at my MS in Washington.
Today I got under the bed, removed all of the "stuff" and the subfloor panels. I found a shiny nut laying on the carpeting. MS did not put that there as an extra. Upon looking around I found that it came off of the roller shaft that is inside the channels that make up the sliding mechanism. The roller was lose and flopping around. When going in or out the roller would bind up causing the problem. I put the nut back on, tightened it up as well as the one on the other side as it was almost off.
Now the bedroom slide glides in/out flawlessly and quietly.
Saved some $$$$ by doing it myself.
I recommend others check their slide under the bed and tighten up the bolts. 3/4" nut.
On our way to Arizona now and thinking good thoughts about my neverlubes.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
wingnut60
Site Team

Jack,
Nice work--kind of inconveninent distance for a service call, eh?
As for the NevRLubes--after 7 years and no problems, did not want to make my AK trip on them. Had them replaced and only one showed to be suspect. Not sure what you should do about them--replace for no reason or wait for a problem.
Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
jdwilson3

Jack, If you are heading to Caso Not So Grande this winter, tell Larry I said Hello!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
RonS

Jack - What did I miss about never-lube? Did you check yours or what??
Thanks in advance...............Ron
06 MS 36TK3 #2473 w/(Phase II)side to side levelers, Trailair pin box w/Tri-Glide plate.
2011 Dodge 3500 CC 4x4 Diesel DRW Power Tuner guages etc
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
Jack in Alaska

Never Lubes

Ron,
I made it to Az. w/o any problems. Set up for the winter here.

There have been some ugly stories about having wheel bearing problems with NeverLubes. I have not had any to date. I had them checked 2 years ago in Washington. They took the bearings off and found no problems. They called the factory to get directions for checking them. All 4 were within specs for play in the assembly that the factory specified. I am going to keep on driving until something happens. I have approx. 50k miles on the unit so far. Will probably recheck them next fall in Washington just for peace of mind..

Jack

Old 10-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
RonS

Jack - Thanks for your reply, I am coming up on about 40K and have never looked at them, and as far as I know all is well. Leaving soon from Wisconsin to Texas by way of Florida dont ask blame it on GPS. Never lube I guess means never lube time will tell..........Happy Travels Ron

06 MS 36TK3 #2473 w/(Phase II)side to side levelers, Trailair pin box w/Tri-Glide plate.
2011 Dodge 3500 CC 4x4 Diesel DRW Power Tuner guages etc
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote