Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
jwbups

sleep number bed

We have a 2006 elite suite with a king size bed. We want to replace with a sleep number bed, believe a eastern king 76 x 80 is correct size. Camping world has them on sale, any suggestions, thoughts, is appreciated. Camping world in Grand Rapids wants $89 to install or is job easy enough to do by myself

2006 Elite Suite #3207 ,
jwbups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
wanderingwingers

I do not think it would be too hard to install. Ours has a 3 or 4 inch hole in the platform for the hoses to reach the pump (middle of bed and a few inches from the headboard). The pump is mounted on the high section under the bed. We love our sleep number. We do reduce the air to at least 35 before traveling to compensate for altitude. No big deal, just another thing on the checklist.

2010 MS 38RSSB3 #5378
2010 Ford F450
2008 Honda Goldwing Gl1800
www.wanderingwingers.blogspot.com
wanderingwingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
RonS

You can install yourself just need a drill and some drill bits. We like our sleep number works great and goes under the dresser with out letting any air out when bringing in the slide. Check you size I think when we purchased ours at camping world they said we needed the California King, so that it would fit under dresser when brining in the bed room slide. Yes when your in the higher altitudes you must let some air out.
06 MS 36TK3 #2473 w/(Phase II)side to side levelers, Trailair pin box w/Tri-Glide plate.
2011 Dodge 3500 CC 4x4 Diesel DRW Power Tuner guages etc
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
jcasey

We use a standard king size Sleep Number bed instead of using the California King size mattress that came with the trailer. (That mattress is in "storage.")

We did some measuring and found that a standard king size will fit--even though it might extend beyond the platform an inch or two on each side.

Some Sleep Number mattresses are thicker than others. Therefore, measure the height from the bed platform to the bottom of the vanity. Allow a little extra for bedding and pick a mattress with the right thickness. The expensive one with a pillow top might be too thick.

Before I purchasing one from an RV dealer, I would check the prices at a Sleep Number store and online. It is good to cover one's bases and knowledge is king!
2011 Ford 6.7 Powerstroke F350 Super Cab, AT, DRW, Lariat. with Ride-Rite Firestone Air Bags. Used to tow 2011 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 #5568, which is equipped with Center Point Suspension, Trailair Hitch, Level-Up, dual pane windows, Satellite Finder, 17.5 Tires, Dual Air, Valley/Husky 24,000 5th wheel hitch.
jcasey is offline   Reply With Quote