Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2019, 06:37 PM   #1
stormybill

Best route to Branson, Mo from Port Lavaca, Texas

Last trip to Branson we came in from the north. My trip planner shows two routes from the south, one through Dallas and one through Houston. Our fifth wheel is 35 Ft. long. Would appreciate any advice from those who have been either way recently.

stormybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:23 PM   #2
MASTERDRAGO

Since the times indicated by Mapquest are nearly identical, I would tend to use I69 through Houston. There is a small number of little road repairs being done on it. You can check with https://traffic.houstontranstar.org/layers/ I've found the interchange in Dallas when moving from I35 over to US75 to be a nightmare. Clearly your date/day/time will impact your travel through those big cities more than anything. I travel Houston frequently and through Dallas regularly. Driving on the interstates through Dallas has always been an irritant.

MASTERDRAGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:25 PM   #3
oldretiredafguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERDRAGO View Post
I travel Houston frequently and through Dallas regularly. Driving on the interstates through Dallas has always been an irritant.
Interesting perspective. I started driving in the 60’s in the Los Angeles Metro area. These days, I would rather drive in LA than get within 50 miles of Houston.

Might try some of the US highways instead of Interstates. Maybe a little slower, but much more rewarding with all the small towns and their cafes.
oldretiredafguy is offline   Reply With Quote