Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2010, 07:03 AM   #1
terry and jo

Back to Washers and Dryers

We are just about a week away from getting our MS and are at "almost" crunch time on getting a washer and dryer to have the dealer install before we pick it up.

In previous research, everyone has been helpful in suggesting Maytag, Bosch, and Whirlpool as substitutes for the Splendide units. However, I have run into the problem that the units we have been looking at may have changed since everyone else got theirs.

In the case of all three of the above mentioned brands, every one of the dryers is a 240V unit and not 110V.

The Maytag dryer is Model MDE2400AYW.
The Whirlpool dryer is Model WED7500VW.
The Bosch dryer is Model WTV76100US.

So, if these newer ones are not the same as what you have, does anyone have suggestions?

One other brand we found that works for RV's is one we have never heard of. It is a Pinnacle, made by Majestic, and is available through PPL's RV Parts Superstore somewhere around Houston or somewhere in South Texas.

Does anyone have any experience with that brand or the dealer? If we can't find any other solution, we will probably have to go with the Splendide units, even though they are a bit higher.

Thanks for your help.

Terry

2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
Gemstone

Here is the Whirlpool 110V dryer that we've been using for 4+ years....found it on the Whirlpool web site. I assume it is still being produced, and may be a special order item.

http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/pro...=119&prod=1348

Regards
Gemstone

Old 04-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
Thom

If you are going to be doing a lot of boondocking you might consider an asco set, they use very little water and do an excellent job. the down side is both units use 240v so you will need to be able to provide 29 amps of 240. we have been using these for 5 years now, 3 in the trailer. these are apartment size and fit in the w/d closet, tight but fit

Thom
Mobile Suites 36TK3 #3151 Blog at www.jggrafx.com/ftroadrunners
03 Dodge 3500 HO Quad LB DRW 48re 4.10 BD Xmonitor gauges Rickson 19.5 x 6.75 Polished Forged Aluminum Wheels Classic Round Hole. Michelin 245/70R-19.5/16 XDS low profile drivers and 245/70R-19.5/16 XZE low profile steers
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
missourijan

We have a whirlpool compact, model LHW0050PQ. It's a front loader and I highly recommend it, they use much less water than top loaders. We bought it at Lowe's off the scratched and dented aisle. We don't have a dryer and don't intend to get one. I bought a $10 clothes rack at Wal Mart and hang the clothes on that to dry, no wrinkles. We have a 36tke and didn't want to give up our entire closet to the w/d. Works for us! You can buy a washer first and try it, you could always add the dryer later.
2012 Mobile Suite #5942
2012 Ford F350 Super duty
"We used to work, now we workamp"
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
terry and jo

Jo and I ordered our washer and dryer yesterday, but feel free to still answer any questions as it may be that others in the planning stage will find the information helpful.

Thanks for all your replies, Everyone.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #6
Gemstone

We ordered our Whirlpool's from our small town Indiana appliance dealer, who matched, then beat Lowes pricing...we then had them shipped directly to the dealer, who did the grunt work, drilled and placed the vent. The dealer also relocated the water shut off valves to the basement, so they can be easily accessed. I used a flooring square of rubber fatigue mat between the washer and the dryer. I then tied the stack down with 1" straps, over the top and thru the floor, where I had welded the ratchet's to the framework below the floor. I think it cost $150 or $200 for the labor to install....it was well worth it.

I can send photo's if interested.

Regards
Gemstone