Old 12-04-2017, 08:59 AM   #11
dmascheck

I’ll openly admit it’s gross overkill. I use my truck for many tasks besides pulling a fifth wheel. When I saw the jack and it’s compact size, it was a must have. While not for everyone, for me it’s great.

dmascheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:03 AM   #12
Rockyhud

Thank you all. That's some very good advice and much appreciated. I can already tell this website is a good one to be a member of. Once I get more experience under my belt I hope to be able to pay it forward by helping other newbies like I am now. And dmascheck, I apologize for somewhat hijacking your thread. I just thought your comments about jacking up your RV would be a good fit with my questions. Sorry if I took it a different direction than you intended. I generally try to be considerate of those things in forums like this.

RV: 2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509, with several options to make living in it nice.
Truck: Beefed up 97 Ram 2500 4x4 with 12-valve Cummins, 5-speed, long bed. Tows the DRV very nicely.
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:38 PM   #13
dmascheck

Not a problem at all. I'm new like you. Trying to learn and this site has been way better than others!
Old 12-04-2017, 05:36 PM   #14
Rockyhud

I couldn't agree more - the members here have been great. Being a Ram diesel truck owner for several years I liken this site to the main one I visit for Ram trucks, named dieseltruckresource.com (DTR). DTR has been a solid resource for me for years and I've been able to pass on some of what I've learned to other "newbies", which makes me feel good to be able to help others.
RV: 2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509, with several options to make living in it nice.
Truck: Beefed up 97 Ram 2500 4x4 with 12-valve Cummins, 5-speed, long bed. Tows the DRV very nicely.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:26 AM   #15
wingnut60
Site Team

Hijacking threads is part of the RV life--makes for interesting forums and often a good tip is dropped on us....that has nothing to do with the thread topic, kind of like this post.
Glad to have you with us.
2015 38RSSA #7382
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:23 PM   #16
dmascheck

Just got off the phone with MoRryde about their suspension. I now know to service their suspension, you need to lift the frame of the suspension off the ground to service it. Learn something new everyday!

Dodge's have a bad track record at our company, I do confess we are talking about gas and not diesel. Hard for me to change off from my Chevy! I drove a Fod Platinum and King Ranch. Loved the interior and some bells and whistles of the King Ranch, but the lag on acceleration, the harder steering and rougher ride easily brought me back to the Chevy High Country. So far no regrets!

Since I drive mine daily more than pulling the ride it'smportant! Pulling my 16,500# trailer is no problem and I added air bags because I went with Heavy 3/4 ton. When I back up to the fifth wheel and attach, there is no sag on the truck, but I add air anyway. The MoRryde king pin box and MoRyde suspension is awesome on a 2006 trailer! Never knew it made that much difference. I pulled the trailer home and the next day pulled a gooseneck with hay.....Night and day difference! I initially thought about converting to a goosenseck, no way!(GRIN)
Old 12-12-2017, 10:56 PM   #17
Rockyhud

I bought a 20-ton bottle jack and a pair of 12-ton jack stands from Harbor Freight this past weekend. The bottle jack was on sale for $39.99 and the jack stands, while not on sale, were $89.99. I also bought a couple more of their solid rubber wheel chocks - the 4 I bought for the RV earlier worked so well I decided to get 2 more for the truck or Jeep Grand Cherokee, as needed. The bottle jack will fit under the leaf spring plates and being creative with blocks underneath it, could be used to lift the frame, if needed and provided I can find a good place to let it make contact.

My next suspension maintenance purchase will be buying 12 each 45-degree angled grease zerks to replace the straight zerks in the leaf spring eyes. That way I can more easily get my grease gun nozzle on them to keep them lubed properly. Based on the appearance of the current zerks I'm wondering how long it's been since they last got any grease - I don't relish the idea of having to replace any of them any time soon.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:16 PM   #18
Stripit

I installed the 90 degree zerks too, but the suspension moved just enough to knock the heads off. Had to dig out the broken off zerk and go back to the straight ones. Had to remove the wheels to make access for the greese gun with the straight ones, not with the angled ones.
2004 Mobile Suites 36TK3 #1341
2008 Lexus 400H
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:35 AM   #19
dmascheck

I can get to all but the inner zeros. I asked the company if you could use the 45’s and they said yes. A couple of mine grease will not go into, but they said sometimes when you lift the trailer it helps.

I have a 2006 King of the Road with the suspension and there king pin box. I was amazed how the trailer pulled the first time I took it home.

I know they say never lift by the tube axle.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:10 AM   #20
Stripit

Yes that is correct, I lifted mine by the spring purch plate. I had two fittings that would not take grease with the weight of the trailer on the wheels, but once lifted they accepted the grease.

2004 Mobile Suites 36TK3 #1341
2008 Lexus 400H
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote