Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
frnd4vr

Send a message via Yahoo to frnd4vr
Going to tour the Factory

I have decided on a Teton for my future home! Later this month I am treating myself to a visit to the factory. Thought it would be a great way to learn a lot about the unit especially since I will be traveling by myself with 2 doggies (and I don't think I can train them to park the unit).

I plan to check out how to do some upgrades myself if I end up purchasing a used rig. Also need to get educated about the hitch.

Previously, Teton gave me into that I could pull the 33 foot unit with less than a 1 ton truck. But I am going to ask more in that area and plan on nothing less than a 1 ton (probably a Chevy).

Thanks for any other ideas on what to investigate!

Old 09-04-2007, 12:04 AM   #2
bagpipes6

Have you been on the tour as yet? If so, how did it go? Give us all the details. Teton will also be my future home.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:52 PM   #3
frnd4vr

Send a message via Yahoo to frnd4vr
Tour of the Teton Fa, ctory

I am sorry to be so late about reporting back. But I had a nice tour of the Teton Factory. It was so interesting to see the inside of the unit and how it is put together. I was so impressed.

After the tour, I was ready to figure out how to buy a brand new one! Then Ann gave me the 2008 price list. After I picked myself up off the floor, the idea of a new unit went out the window. But I am still going to shop around for a used one when the time comes. The price increases in the last two years are big. The units are fantastic but.....

There was two things that were interesting to me. I love the floor plan of the units. My ideal would be the 33 foot model. THe only thing I might change would be the flooring. Preferable for me to have all lino or tile or something similar, but the floors are completed before the walls are put on. That means complications for flooring change. Ummm....

I was also surprised at the amount of hand building, finishing, etc on the cabinetry. I guess I am not as particular as other women. Simple is better for me. I just want solid built cabinets that function well, stands up to everyday use. I am not one for the fancy curves, flutes etc. I would put that effort into other aspects. But that is me.....

After touring the factory, I went into Casper to Stalkups RV. The factory did not have a 33 foot unit on the floor. Stalkups' did so I went to see it and get the exact feel of the room in it. Great! I would be very comfortable in it.

Just happened to see the Mobile Suites there too. So I went in. They are just as nice as Tetons.

When at the factory I saw the new 32 foot unit that was being finished. Nice, but one thing I like is the washer/dryer that is not in the 32. I also saw the new bathroom layouts. Didn't like 'em. Then saw that they were modeled after the Mobile Suites. Don't like them in the MS either. I happen to prefer the open bathroom setup better.

So overall, I enjoyed the tour, enjoyed Casper. But will try to drive there next time. I had a nasty flight into Casper due to weather. Ummmm....how long to drive there from Northern California.....

Take care....