Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2018, 07:34 AM   #1
whmayhew

LCI Solidstep

Went to a camper show last week and saw some campers with the fold up steps. The LCI Solidstep looked looked ruggeder to me. Ordered from Autoplicity last Sunday and delivered yesterday. Just need a warm day to install. Price was $381.54 shipped to my door.

whmayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:12 AM   #2
Cummins12V98

Pics!!!!!!!

2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:28 PM   #3
porthole

Solid step

I wonder who copied who?
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:12 PM   #4
whmayhew

I looked at both. LCI looked better to me.
whmayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:36 PM   #5
Dapperdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by porthole View Post
Solid step

I wonder who copied who?
Yeah, NO kidding!! Looks a LOT like MORryde's version.

Dan
Dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:17 AM   #6
clev

If you haven't purchased yet, you may want to consider the cleanup when you store them dirty; especially after rain and mud. I considered those steps, but that was a deal breaker for me. I opted for GloSteps and couldn't be more satisfied.
'17 36RSSB3///2012 F350 KR, LWB/SRW, Bilsteins, antisway bar, Bilstein steering stabilizer, Airlift air bags, wireless compressor, 295/20 tires at 4080 pounds each, oversized finned aluminum diff and trannie pans, synthetic fluid, KEM, PIP, & Tyrant tunes w/SCR4 programming, Edge CTS gauge monitoring, G37 2017 turbo, ATS Stage I transmission.
clev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:00 PM   #7
porthole

Something else to consider with either brand.

With the steps stowed, and the trailer on jacks, my wife does not have the reach and upper body strength to open the door.

We had a landmark ordered before the DRV and the the Landmarks have friction hinges on the door. Even un-latched she could not open the door if the steps were stowed.

She/we are getting the electric steps. I know there has been a problem or two with them, but we opted for them anyway.

The standard steps being installed on DRV's are not without their problems.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:12 PM   #8
clev

I have Muscular Dystrophy, wear 2 knee/leg braces in order to walk without falling, and also have learned to wear 2 knee pads, because I still occasionally fall. DRV steps did not work for me; too high on the first step, and uneven on the rest. I found that Glow Steps work best for me and would recommend them to anyone, especially handicapped.
'17 36RSSB3///2012 F350 KR, LWB/SRW, Bilsteins, antisway bar, Bilstein steering stabilizer, Airlift air bags, wireless compressor, 295/20 tires at 4080 pounds each, oversized finned aluminum diff and trannie pans, synthetic fluid, KEM, PIP, & Tyrant tunes w/SCR4 programming, Edge CTS gauge monitoring, G37 2017 turbo, ATS Stage I transmission.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:42 PM   #9
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
I have Muscular Dystrophy, wear 2 knee/leg braces in order to walk without falling, and also have learned to wear 2 knee pads, because I still occasionally fall. DRV steps did not work for me; too high on the first step, and uneven on the rest. I found that Glow Steps work best for me and would recommend them to anyone, especially handicapped.
Was never a fan of the scissors style steps, but this version seems to be very popular.

And it is very adjustable,
Standard is 3 steps, but you can easily add at least 3 more. It is possible to make a very short rise with this item.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:10 PM   #10
clev

Whatever works; everyone has a preference. I’m happy those work for you.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:23 AM   #11
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
Whatever works; everyone has a preference. I’m happy those work for you.
I was referring to the steps you have.

One of the features is the ability to add extra steps for either higher entry heights or to decrease the rise between steps.