Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2017, 05:41 PM   #1
chickenman

how to replace front left leg of my Level Up system

Would like some info on how to replace front leg on my 2005 DRV. Tested the front legs like Lippert told me and left one failed. Waiting on Lippert to give me replacement part number. Would also like to know where I can get the original rebuilt if possible. I have seen another DRV with factory Level Up system weld two hooks to have metal piece hold front legs up. Would like info so I could do the same. My Level Up system was put on by Lippert in 2012. Thanks for any help.

chickenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:37 PM   #2
Dapperdan

Chickenman, I wouldn't attempt replacement unless you're properly equipped and have the skill set to complete this project! You need to contact Josh Northam at Lippert (Goshen IN), he can set you up with the proper replacement. We had troubles earlier this year, after being directed in the right direction we had our front jacks replaced (N/C) by Lippert.... problem solved! If one of your jacks are going bad/are bad the other is probably soon to follow IMHO.

You could try contacting Bob at Roberts Quality RV Repair in Morres Hill IN, he has the facility, the knowledge and the experience to help you with your problem.

Good luck......

Dan

Dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:12 PM   #3
chickenman

Thanks. I have a mobile Rv service that I was going to use. I live in Va Beach, Va. I will call Lippert and talk to Josh. Thanks for the info
Old 08-19-2017, 08:21 PM   #4
Dapperdan

You're quite welcome, I hope you can get your problem resolved. I KNOW ours was a nightmare until we had it corrected. It's soooo nice NOT to have to be concerned with weather or not the front jacks are going to operate correctly or not.

From what Bob at Roberts RV Repair told me it's a pretty intense job replacing those jacks. I know it's more of a job than I'd care to tackle.

Again, good luck with your repairs.

Dan
Dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:29 PM   #5
stanleyz

I see this is a bit old but just in case you didn't get it done yet I would say any experienced shade tree guy can do it. I did the rears on my 2005, they wouldn't stay up. After Camping World kept it two months and replaced some unneeded valves I did it myself. Only problem is you need a place where the Jack can drop around 15 inches when it comes loose.

Remove the hydraulic fittings, then loosen the bottoms if you can. If not remove the top through bolt and the legs will drop right out. Take them to a hydraulic shop and they will rebuild. I think I paid around 100 bucks each. I was lucky, there is a man hole right in front of my house. I opened up the cover and dropped one jack. Capped the hoses so I could move the RV, turned it around and removed the other side. Capped those hoses and put the RV back on the pad. When i got the jacks back I just reversed the procedure.

Hope this helps someone.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:42 PM   #6
chickenman

Thanks for your input. I decided to replace both front legs. Lippert said they don't make the old style front legs and I thought it would be better to replace than rebuild. It's a pain to retro the new ones but will be taking to the shop after our November camping trip. I came up with chaining them up when traveling. Thanks
Old 10-20-2017, 07:44 PM   #7
stanleyz

Yeah, I had to chain my rears up all the way across the USA and back. Not to big a deal. I keep thinking I should have the fronts rebuilt as a precaution but so far they seem fine.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:34 AM   #8
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
Thanks for your input. I decided to replace both front legs. Lippert said they don't make the old style front legs and I thought it would be better to replace than rebuild. It's a pain to retro the new ones but will be taking to the shop after our November camping trip. I came up with chaining them up when traveling. Thanks
Have them rebuilt !!!!!!!!!!!

2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote